Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Not Enough Coffee in the World Today

Ever wake up in the middle of the night feeling like doodle and then just when you feel good enough to go back to bed, you realize you're wide awake.  Yeah, that's my morning.  I've been up for two hours now.  Weeee.

Anyway, it's 5am.  The neighbor kid is already out shoveling the driveway they never even use.  I swear to god if he wakes my husband up, I'm going to flick him in the ears.  And there isn't even enough snow yet to bother with.  We're under a blizzard warning, sure, but it's not here yet.  Go back to bed, son.  Seriously.

Scraaaape. Tap.  Scraaaape.  Tap.  I may kill him even if he doesn't wake the Hubs.

So yeah, blizzard warning.  4-8" of blowing white stuff.  I can't wait until we can afford for Hubs to retire so we can get the hell out of this cold place.  I don't mind a little snow.  Really I don't.  But after growing up in Michigan and going to college on the sunny shores of Lake Superior, I'm so over it.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I never had to leave the house, but I smoke and the landlady has forbidden it inside.

There's an upside there, but I'm in the middle of a vent - and there are no upsides.

And I can't do NaNo this year.  I mean, I could, but I promised myself I was going to finish this rewrite before I started anything new.  Since I'm only in the middle of chapter 18 out of 31 chapters, I can't write new words now.  :pout:  A friend and I are planning on doing NaNo next month, but it's just not the same.

I think I need another cup of coffee.  Maybe another pot of coffee.  Time will tell.  Now, though, since I'm wide awake, I probably should get some writing done.

Got anything to vent about?  Go for it.  As long as you're not specifically nasty about me or any other human-type life forms, it's all good.

8 comments:

  1. A. I'm with you on the snow deal. A little snow? Sure. But growing up in Iowa...same feelings as you. I'm ready to get the hell out of here. Lets see...what to vent about...

    I guess I shouldn't really complain since the economy is the way it is and I DO have a job...but I seriously hate getting paid shitty for a thankless job. I'm a social worker for senior citizens and I deal with A LOT of crap on a daily basis and I get paid less than I did when I was a student employee during college. :( It sucks.

    Okay. Rant over. Hope you don't get a snow blizzard...that will suck already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, Jade. Iowa? Then look out - this might be headed your way. I'll keep a positive thought this doesn't turn a little north. Let Missouri get it this time. And don't worry. This is the complaining post. Sorry about your job suckage. :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, must be that kind of a Wednesday - I, too am in a mood. Feeding the wrong wolves today ;)

    No major rant - crappy Day Job, poor sleep, lack of motivation to go for a run, think I'm coming down with a cold, did I mention the crappy Day Job...

    Let's wallow for today and then move on, k?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a plan, Janet. I'm hoping once the weather clears, so will my attitude. Until then, I'm wallowing. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot to vent about, but it'll be bite me on the butt if I go public with it so I'll just stew.

    That PMS poster was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally hear ya on that, Lydia. You can always do what I do and write a big ranty post you never publish. Write it out. Delete it. It gets the poison out of your system so it doesn't fester.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't rant about much except for working eleven hour days at my day job, which leaves me cranky and not capable of writing when I get home. I am so over all this working. It already feels like weeks since WFC and its been three days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol I actually enjoy the sound of someone shoveling snow. Of course, it is such a common sound here that I'd never get to sleep if it bothered me.

    We had a few snows earlier in October, but it never stuck. However, we got snow on November 4th and it is only now just melting. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete