Saturday, September 14, 2024

Saturday Reading Wrap-up 9/14/24

Here we are at the Saturday Reading Wrap-up.  Wee.  Unfortunately, not a lot to talk about from the past two weeks.  I've been using my Kindle and my brain-power to work on my own fiction, so not a lot leftover for reading other people's.  

No new books.

Books Read:

22) Biker Funeral by Jamie Mason (8/31/24)  - Hard-boiled Crime*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  I picked this up for free from the Reading Deals newsletter.
Review: "
Fast paced story with plenty of twists and turns. I really enjoyed it."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... well, nothing really.  I'm deep into edits.  I'll probably grab a hardcopy something and start that today or tomorrow.

What have you been up to reading-wise?


2 comments:

  1. I finally upped my GR goal for the year to 70. I'm at 48 books on the year which puts me one behind schedule. That's not a big deal. I'll probably up the total goal again before the end of the year. I've lost track since we last did this so I'll just mention the two new books I've listened to. The others were repeats. I'll pretend I read them back-to-back and they are the two most current. LOL

    48. Passions in Death (In Death/Eve Dallas #59), JD Robb, 5 stars. SciFi/Futuristic-Crime Suspense-RomElem. This is a go-to series for me. This one involved a bride at her bachorlette party and brought up bad memories for Dallas. She and Peabody narrow the suspects down to two. One is obvious. One not so much. I'll admit, I waffled on who it was. Always a good read.

    47. The Sinner (Black Arrowhead #5), Dannika Dark, ParaRom/UF. 4 stars. This one tugged the heartstrings. Both the hero and the heroine were damaged--physically and/or mentally. Their love story has all the feels.

    Currently doing a full-series relisten to Suzanne Writght's Olympus Pride series because newest book finally dropped in audio. ParaRom with Pallas Cats FTW! Also, other breeds. The hero in this one is a weasel. The "animal breed" humor in these books is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should edit. The hero isn't a weasel. He's a wolverine. There's a BIG difference. LOLOL

      Delete