Thursday, July 2, 2020

Thursday This n That

There's something hinky with my toilet.  It's making weird sounds like it's pissed and is digesting its enemies.  Either that or it's become a portal to another dimension where the inhabitants are pissed and digesting their enemies.  I suspect it's just mineral deposits and I need to clean the tank again. 

I saw baby turkeys yesterday!  For the first time in years.  Four little poults and their mama.  Only four probably means she lost the rest because I think they usually hatch out about eight.  But poults!  Yay!

Since the world has become such an unpalatable place, I'm spending too much time playing online play-money slots.  Click, spin, click, spin, click, spin.  With the one I'm playing there are so many different ways to win, I'm often not sure how I won.  Or how I could possibly not win.  :shrug:  Totally random.  Totally out of my control.  Totally mindless entertainment.

The other day, Owl wanted to try a new recipe for chocolate cake with root beer in it.  When it came out of the oven, I was a little concerned it was so low in the bundt pan.  She had the first piece and commented it wasn't quite right.  Hubs and I had our pieces and yeah, something about it was weird.  Really dense and the texture was strange.  It tasted good, but yeah.  So, I sat down with Owl to brainstorm what might've gone wrong.  After a time, she realized she'd forgotten the baking soda.  No leavening agent made it basically a chocolate rubber brick.  Yesterday, I figured out if you cut a thinner slice and then nuke it and eat it hot, it takes away the weird texture, so the cake will get eaten.  It takes a lot to get me to throw away food.  Especially chocolate flavored food.

I'm having a tough time finding new ebooks to read right now.  Not much is really exciting me enough to click through.  I think I might have to bite the bullet and pay for some books in series I've enjoyed in the past.  I'm also down to one book in my pile of random paperbacks.  Oh, I still have loads of paperbacks, but the random pile is too damn low.  I need to get into a thrift store soon.

Fish sticks for dinner tonight.  I haven't had those in ages, so when I saw them at the DG, I snapped them up.  Am I the only one who says it fishticks?  I also say sammich instead of sandwich.  And breffishnook instead of breakfast nook.  :shrug:

And that's it for me today.  What's it for you?

1 comment:

  1. Glad the cake is edible and I've done that--with both baking soda AND baking powder. Oops. Yup, fishticks for sure. And yum. With LG would eat them. I miss fishticks and mac-n-cheese.

    Had a MASSIVE software update this morning. Took over an hour. Needless to say, I'm way behind. Ah well. Stuff happens.

    Got my antibodies test back. Negative. Means I haven't had the darn stuff. Ah well. Not like wasn't being careful anyway. I was just hoping to have those suckers so I wouldn't have to do a vaccine at some point.

    Speaking of health stuff, I sent my DNA off to Ancestry. 6-8 weeks. We'll see what it shows.

    It's ugly hot. It really ISN'T the heat but the HUMIDITY! They're projecting a heat index of 110 later today. Yesterday, the temps were in the low 90s, but humidity was 70+ which put the inext at 115. 😓

    Not much else going on in my world. I did glimpse one of the ferals that's been missing in action so that's a yay. And tomorrow has a chance of rain. BIG yay if that happens.

    Moving on to my next stop. Later tater.

    ReplyDelete