Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Ramblings on a Braindead Tuesday Morning

I am slightly braindead today.  Shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.  Some mornings are better than others.  This is not one of the better ones.  More coffee!  STAT!

In computer news, I figured out what the hell is up with my image software.  It's a long story I won't bore you with.  Suffice it to say, it should be fixed later this morning.  I also discovered that I need to transfer my Outlook data - even though we're not using Outlook at the office anymore - because I have old emails in there that I still need.

After not having written for quite some time, I'm writing again and discovering that the writing muscles in my hands and arms have atrophied.  I cranked out a thousand words last night and oh, ow.  If not for the hand cramps, etc., I probably could've written at least another thou.  Stupid atrophy.

You know when someone says something and you can't think of an appropriate response right then, but later you think of all the things you could've said only now it's too late?  I'm like that all the time.  I'm still finishing arguments in my head that occurred years ago.

I was out in the world yesterday.  I only encountered one couple with masks on, and they were sufficiently old that I could understand why they felt the need.  They weren't wearing them right, but if it makes them feel better, more power to them.  I still haven't worn a mask and I won't unless I'm backed into a corner.

I'm not sure what's up with the half-shaved head craze, but I don't think it looks good on anyone.  It's like they're prepping for Thunderdome.  Of course, I'm also not thrilled with oddly-colored hair.  Blue?  Seriously?  It's reminds me of that scene in Jumpin' Jack Flash where Terry is hopped up on truth serum and she runs into a punk couple... "Oh, look!  A tropical fish and its mate!"  Then again, I still want to yell 'Fleet's in!' when I see someone with tattoos.  Yeah, I'm an old fuddy-duddy.

Speaking of Whoopie, she's totally ruined her movies for me.  Which sucks because I really loved Jumpin' Jack Flash.  Stupid celebrities and their shitty opinions.  Can't watch Lethal Weapon anymore.  Can't watch Silence of the Lambs anymore.  Can't watch a lot of things anymore.  I can't divorce the actor from the character long enough to just enjoy the movies.  Wish I could... can't.  Bleh.  And don't get me started on The Simpsons

And that's more than enough out of me this morning.  Hopefully I'll think of something less random to talk about tomorrow.






1 comment:

  1. I was never a Simpsons fan but all this woke stuff in Looneywood makes my head explode. Rappers can use the N word, denigrate women, and advocate killing cops and they are all made of awesome. An actor of color can portray a white man on the state but a white Jewish voice actor is ashamed that she voice a black Jewish cartoon character? 🤯 (Readers, come after me, not B.E.! These are my musings, not hers! She's nice enough not to chastise me when my exploding head translates into words.

    I'm not braining well today either. Or adulting. It's hot, humid, and I just want to go back to bed. Heck, I forgot to set up my blog until this morning.

    Sympathies on the hand cramps. They usually hit me while I'm holding a fork and eating dinner after I've been on the computer all day. Sucks. And HURTS! Also the leg cramps in the middle of the night. Sucks to get old.

    Okay. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer. I'm going to close on a happy note. 🤔 ... 🤔 ... 🤔

    It's Tuesday! Monday is done. $10 Tuesday at Papa Murphy's so pizza for dinner. I had an idea at about 3 this morning on a scene that's been giving me fits and I actually remembered it this morning. (Why yes, I have jotted it down before I forget!) I have fresh coffee and am headed to get another cup. LG is asleep. Dogs are down and asleep. Loki is skulking around somewhere waiting to attack my feet from undercover. Life is pretty darn good all things considered. Oh! And LG bought me a fresh roll of duct tape to use to put my head back together.

    Hang in there and get all those words written! Glad to see you back in the saddle. 🥰

    ReplyDelete