Sunday, July 5, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 26

We've reached the halfway point of the year.  Here's hoping the second half is better than the first.  I don't expect it to be, but I have hope. 

I didn't do any actual writing this week, but that's okay.  I did a lot of sitting down with my notebook and trying to figure out the course of the story for Cinder Ugly.  I had a brain quasar that will come much later in the story and a smaller flash that will come before it, but getting from where I am now to the flash to the quasar is still up in the air. 

Since I had a wild hair, I put Project Hermes for free the 3rd through the 7th, so I did some marketing for that on Friday.   Then yesterday hit and I got derailed.  The internet was obscenely slow making it really hard to upload graphics - and I have such a lovely graphic someone awesome made for me, too.
I'll work on using it for marketing today. 

I did get some reading done.  Which is always good.

The big thing for the week was the arrival of my refurb computer on Friday afternoon.  It wasn't even supposed to be here until after the 9th.  UPS pulled into the driveway and I was all like 'what the hell are they here for? must be something Owl ordered', but it was my 'puter.  So I spent most of Friday night and yesterday working on getting it set up.  Most of the time was spent on transferring files - pictures to be specific.  42.6 gig of picture files took 4 hours to put onto a thumb drive and then another hour to move from the thumb to the new harddrive.  Ugh.  I'm still on the old girl, but I'm 90% of the way on the newbie.  I just have to get my bookmarks over to Firefox so my internet isn't screwy and I still have to set up my screensaver and also get my image program loaded.  There are probably other little things that need doing, but nothing on the radar yet.

It's been too hot for baking or for fishing, so nothing's up there. 

Let's not talk about exercise or activity, k?  I did get a walk in on Friday, but it was a shorter walk because I've been such a toad I couldn't do the whole walk.  Blerg.

Okay, I'd better get my buns in gear this morning.  Things to do and all that.  What were you up to last week?

2 comments:

  1. I was a slug last week. And now I'm sorry I didn't save that meme. It said something like: What if slugs are just snails going through a divorce - "Yeah, she got the house..." 🤣 Yes, I AM weird. Why do you ask?

    Cool graphics. 😉

    MONTANA MOON was on sale this weekend too. I did one day of marketing and then flaked so I feel your blergness. 😜

    It's hot here. Staying inside as much as possible. 😓

    Idiots were shooting off fireworks well after midnight. I wanted to go light their @$$e$ on fire but had 250 lbs. of quivering dogs pinning me in place. 🤬

    No real writing, just bits and pieces. You got my reading update yesterday. Not much else going on in my neck of the woods. I'm ready for 2021 but fear it might be even worse. Why yes, I AM a pessimist. Why do you ask? 😧

    Hang in there. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new graphic!

    Yay to new ideas for Cinder Ugly! I hope they inspire you in big ways.

    Still plugging along in the 1880s book. Hmm. At this rate I'll be saying that for the next year. Sigh.

    Here's to a better second half!

    ReplyDelete