Friday, December 4, 2009

Weekly Update

It's been an interesting week at the Sanderson household, even if not necessarily productive.  This week saw the end of NaNo, the beginning of the Christmas season and the recommitment to a book I haven't touched in what feels like years (but in reality was touched in July). 

In the span of twenty-four hours I went from 'Whew.  November's over.  Time to relax.' to total panic that looked something like this:

"OMG, it's December.  Christmas is coming, which means the office party in almost here, and the annual Cookie-Stravaganza needs to begin.  I have to shop for ingredients...  And all those presents I meant to buy online need to be bought now if they're ever going to arrive in time."

Needless to say, I panic easily sometimes.

Last night, Daughter finally gave me her Christmas list, so all that shopping I haven't done can be tackled.  Yay?

On the writerly front, I've started editing Nano again - see the meter?  It moved.  Not much, but it did move.  Of course, last night was a wash.  I want to edit this book.  Really I do.  But every time I sit down to think about how I want this book to be, my recently completed WIP jumps in the way.  I can't stop thinking about it.  My muse wants to play in that book.  RIGHT.  NOW.  But I promised myself I wouldn't touch it until after I finish this other book.  Arrgghh.  I may end up shifting between the two to satisfy muse and still keep my promise.  If my head explodes around New Year's Day, you'll know why.

So, what about you?  Any plans for the coming weeks?  How's the holiday shopping coming along?  Is your work playing nice or is it being a brat like mine? 

3 comments:

  1. It's almost Christmas??? Oh no!!!

    PANIC . PANIC . PANIC

    Where did the year go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the next couple of weeks I have the end of term, as well as finals. So that's pretty stressful. After that, I just have to buy christmas presents. I already bought my parents their presents when I was in Virginia on Black Friday, so I'm well on my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is...I love to hate the holidays:) Hang in there they'll be over soon.

    ReplyDelete