As I just finished a batch of peanut butter fudge, I have a couple things I learned that I'd like to share:
- No matter how hard you try to avoid it, boiling sugar will jump up and bite you.
- Never do two batches of fudge in one day. (I haven't made the chocolate fudge yet, but I see the error in my planning. I have to do the other batch today, but I'm going to regret every minute of it.)
- Writing isn't the only thing that causes hand cramps. You try stirring molten sugar for five minutes straight and then stir peanut butter into the mixture.
- Eating fudge first thing in the morning isn't the best idea in the world. Then again, how else are you supposed to clean off the spoon and the pan, or taste test your creation???
- Making fudge is not an endeavor for one person. You need at least four hands, and unless you're Kali, you're screwed. (Thank goodness Daughter was here to help. I can't remember how I managed to make fudge when she was too small to help.)
Now I feel like a nap, but I have errands to run, more things to gather for my cookie baskets, and more fudge to make. I'll nap when I'm dead.
Have a great day, everyone.