Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Recap

First off, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday - whichever one you celebrate.  Here at the Sanderson household, we spent a relaxed day.

Up at the crack of too-damn-early, I took care of the first order of business - COFFEE.  I can't face a normal day without it, don't ask me to face a holiday sans caffeine.  Shortly after the last perk, Husband joined me.  Then came the cat, looking for her special food.  The Kid?  She wandered upstairs a few minutes later.  (And yes, the idea of her getting up last was totally alien.)

With coffee in hand, we settled into the living room and the festivities began.  Much paper tearing and a thoroughly cluttered floor later, and we sat amidst our prizes.  Daughter made out this year - like most every year since the lean times.  She got a couple of computer games, a few books, clothes, jewelry, movies, CDs...  You know, teen stuff.  Ever heard of a band called Owl City?  I hadn't until she put it on her Christmas list.  I guess I'm not as hip as I thought I was. 

Husband got mostly clothes - because that's all he wanted.  Jeans, shirts, socks... You should see him in his new pullover shirt.  Rawr.  I knew that cut and color was perfect.  Heh, what a hottie with a naughty body. :smirk:  Daughter got him a Yankees keychain and a box of chocolate turtles - which I'm helping him eat.

I got most of the things I asked for - like socks and a griddle and a Christmas cactus that I named George.  I also got a brand new set of plates and my wonderful husband gave me a couple 5-subject notebooks for my writing.  =o)


The cat, of course, got all the wrapping paper her little heart desired.

My favorite gift this year was the griddle (although George comes in a close second).  I'm having so much fun making things on it, and it reminds me of my childhood.  Mom had a griddle and with five kids to feed, she would make mounds of pancakes or piles of grilled cheese. Nothing like recreating some memories (albeit on a much smaller scale).

How was your holiday?  If you celebrate Christmas, did Santa bring you everything you wanted?  What was your favorite gift this year?

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Owl City either, and am at the stage where most of the things I say are amusing in one way or another to my 15-year-old daughter.

    I had a lovely Christmas too with various gifts and too much chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better I don't know who they are either, and I'm only a few years older than her.

    I got a kindle and a bunch of DVDs and books and pjs and a ton of giftcards and little knick knacks (have to bring it all back on the plane...) I might be going shopping today to spend use some of those cards and to spend a little bit of my birthday cash since everything is cheaper down here =]

    ReplyDelete