Thursday, July 9, 2009

The First Blush of Love

Remember when you first met that boy or girl who made your heart sing? You felt like your chest was going to burst, your palms were sweaty... In some ways, it was horrible, but when you were together, you just knew how right it was.

It's been five years since I first felt that with my husband. It's been a few months longer than that with my writing career. Almost every day I'm reminded of that feeling with Hubby-dear, but it's been a while since I felt the rush of love for writing.

Until this new story came along. Now I'm totally infatuated. I think about it all the time. I lay in bed at night wondering where it is and where this new relationship is going. It's not quite love yet, but it's well on its way there.

And I don't even know its name.

Right now it's too early to tell how much I'll come to love the story, but if it keeps up the way it has, I'll be head over heels by the end of the book. :squee: I hope this is the one.

Keep your fingers crossed for the rest of the world to love this as much as I think I will.

If you feel inclined, share a little bit about your love affair - with your writing or not, depending on how comfortable and/or chatty you're feeling.

(BTW, those are the dogs I used to have. One day, they just laid down in what I've always thought was the shape of a heart. Fitting, I thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment