Thursday, July 30, 2009

Change Your Mind

One of my favorite songs of all time is Change Your Mind (in this video, the song is set to Veronica Mars clips) by Sister Hazel. This morning I got to thinking about the lyrics and what they mean to me right now. I've said it before - in fact I posted about it not too long ago - but before anything changes in your life, you have to make some changes in how you think about things.

So, here are the lyrics...

Hey, Hey
Did you ever think
There might be another way
To just feel better,
Just feel better about today

Oh no-
If you never want to have
To turn and go away
You might feel better,
Might feel better if you stay

Yeah yeah
I bet you haven't heard
A word I've said
Yeah yeah
If you've had enough
Of all your tryin'
Just give up
The state of mind you're in:

If you want to be
somebody else,
If you're tired of
fighting battles
with yourself
If you want to be
somebody else
Change your mind...

Hey hey-
Have you ever
danced in the rain
Or thanked the sun
Just for shining-
just for shining
Or the sea?
Oh no- take it all in
The world's a show
And yeah, you look
much better,
Look much better when you glow

Hey hey-
what ya say
We both go and seize the day
'cause what's your hurry
what's your hurry anyway


What's on your mind today? Anything need changing?

No comments:

Post a Comment