Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ate My Veggies. Time for Dessert.

Okay. Remember how I said I wasn't going to write anything new until I got all my editing done? Well, forget that. This evening I got tackled by a story I'd never thought of, and I can't get it out of my head. I spent a couple hours on the couch world-building for this thing. It doesn't have a title, and the characters are sketchy at best, but the premise is knocking my socks off.

I love it when that happens. Problem was I promised myself I would finish this round of edits on Nano tonight.

You know how as a kid, you could feel the anticipation churning inside you the night before your birthday? This is pretty similar to that. I can't wait to get started writing. On the upside, knowing I couldn't start this new thing until I kept my promise lit a fire under my ever-widening ass. I got through the red-ink edits a few minutes ago. Yay me!

To mix metaphors, I ate my vegetables. Now I can have dessert! Of course, I might be a little full of typing on this computer tonight, but that's okay. I've already got a great thread of the story, and I can always start typing tomorrow.

Ya know, I haven't been this jazzed about writing since I got the idea for RTL, and I cranked the first draft for that one out in 6 weeks. If this goes as smoothly, I could have this written by September. Oooo, wouldn't that be sweet?

Oh, and just so ya know, this new story is my first foray into the world of paranormal. I've never done it before, but I love reading it, so maybe it will be as awesome as I hope. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment