Friday, June 5, 2009

Weekly Update & Quote Answers

This week in writing includes 2200 new words and one chapter edited. It also includes several queries sent, a couple rejections received, and a foray into submitting one of my other books to a publisher (who I just learned has an open call going on).

Most of the week was spent working on the first days of 11th grade, wherein we're doing a crash (4 hours a day for the next 9 weeks) course in Psychology. So far, it's been working pretty good. Oh, and when I haven't been teaching or working, I've been reading. The trip out of town gave me plenty TBR books to choose from (and unfortunately plenty to do instead of working).

The coming week marks the time to gently nudge the agent who's had a full for two months. We'll see how that goes. It also means I need to get my ever-widening ass in gear and send out another round of queries. You can't win if you don't play. Right?

Now, for the answers to yesterday's quotes:

- No soup for you! (Seinfeld)
- Wienies! Bring me wienies! (Laverne & Shirley)
- I do not think that word means what you think it means. (Princess Bride)
- Morons! I'm surrounded by morons. (All Dogs Go to Heaven)
- Looks like you've got mousse and squirrel in there. (Will and Grace)
- Crap. (said with a Texas accent) (Reba)
- Never say die, but very frequently say OUCH! (The Thief and the Cobbler)
- You're a lean, mean fightin' machine. (Stripes)
- Ooo, wise guy, eh? (The Three Stooges)
- Take off, ya hoser. (The McKenzie Brothers - from some Canadian version of SNL & also the movie Strange Brew)
- One of these days... Bang. Zoom. (The Honeymooners)
- Rut Roh- When Polly's in trouble, I am not slow. It's hip-hip-hip and away I go. (Underdog)
- Fly and be FREE! (Mork and Mindy)
- It's a Cinderella story here at Augusta. (Caddyshack)
- Okay, Joan Wilder. Write us out of this one. (Romancing the Stone)

I'll be back tomorrow for the Saturday Super Site, and Sunday I'll actually do a book review again.

Have a great weekend and a productive week, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment