Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Bad Brain Day

Well, it was probably a good thing I couldn't write new words last night. I edited one chapter of Nano, during which I learned I was having what I call 'A Bad Brain Day'. You know how sometimes you know you know which word to use, but you can't think of it? Or worse, every similar word is popping into your head instead? Last night the worst word was 'relief'. It took me five minutes of trying numerous words before it finally jumped out and slapped me.

Umm, yeah. I'm a writer afflicted with word-finding-difficulty. Wee. Smack me in the head and call me damaged. (Okay, so that already happened. You'd think after 15 years, I'd be used to it.)

Anyway, some days with this are better than others. Last night, I muddled through. Thank Gates for the thesaurus function in Word. Without it, I'd be doomed.

Here's hoping my brain cooperates today. I think this morning it's doing fine, but we'll see what the rest of the day brings. How's your brain today?

No comments:

Post a Comment