Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tired

I'm tired. I don't even know why since I went to bed early and woke up at a decent time. It's just before nine here, and I'm already ready for a nap...

But that's not the tired I wanted to talk about today.

I sat down to send out a few more queries this morning, and every single agent I looked at made me realize that I'm tired of this game. I send and send, and I write and write... And nothing. No wonder I've been reading my brains out recently. It's so much easier to let myself slip into another person's world.

Don't worry. This never lasts for long. If you've been reading along, you know I go through this every so often, and I always manage to get back in the game.

Ya know, at this point, I'm even tired of feeling tired. It's a stupid cycle. I was going to compare it to a roller-coaster, but those are at least interesting. This up down up down up down is boring the crap out of me.

And I'm not bored with writing, per se. I love it. I love putting my words down and pulling them together into a story. I'm just bored with the other half of the writing business. Another query to send, another synopsis to write, and another rejection. Rinse repeat. Ad nauseum. It's back around to the point where I want to write a query letter that says:

Dear Agent Person,

Here's another book I wrote.

kthxbai

I know I have to put the work in. I know it's all part of the game. I'm just tired of doing it. Sisyphus had an easier gig. At least when you're rolling a rock uphill, the scenery changes. This is more like the middle dog of a sled dog team. I just keep pulling and running, and all I see ahead is pooch-crack.

Don't mind me. I'm just venting. I know I'm probably not the only one out there who's been through this. Everyone has their days, and this is mine.

And no, I don't want any cheese to go with this whine. I've got enough, and I'm tired of that, too.

Just for fun, I'll leave you with the song that got stuck in my head the second I wrote the subject of this post... Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment