Hello again. I'm awake and I have coffee, and that's about as good as it gets right now.
No writing this week. It's editing time. I only did three nights and 31 pages worth, but I think that's a good start so far. I'm hoping to have DN3 - Truth Be Told - done and on the shelves before the end of the year. Sooner if I can manage more than 31 pages a week. ;o)
Marketing was done, but only three days worth - Monday-Wednesday. I was busy on Thursday and Friday, so it didn't happen. Thus, I only moved 15 copies of Project Hermes. Not sure what or if I'll market this week.
No baking.
On the activity front, there was about 3 hours worth of driving - which doesn't sound active, but it sure takes it out of a gal. I also moved furniture around on 3 days, and I did some cleaning that comes with moving furniture. Oh, and I did the usual gardening watering. Weight: ? - I haven't bothered to weigh myself since last Sunday and I'm not doing it now. (Update 7:15a - Weight: 179.0)
In garden news, my tomatoes are speckled with flowers, as are my peppers. No sign of fruits yet, but there's hope. Unfortunately, one of my redbud trees died. I think it was root rot. The poor bugger just fell over when I touched it with the watering jug and, when I tried to set it right, it came out of the dirt with no roots on the stick. Sad.
Furniture moving... Well, I've been wanting to try out a different living room configuration, and with Hubs on vacay, what better time to do it? We have a long living room, and the previous layout cut the room in half with the TV on one end and the chairs facing the TV set across the middle of the room. Now, the TV is on the west wall with the recliners on the opposite wall. It actually makes the living room feel way larger, so yay. I also rearranged part of the sun porch and I moved Hubs desk about a foot. We'll see if Hubs likes my new placements when he gets home.
Other than that, I have been watching a lot of TV, which is weird without Hubs. I'm pretty much sticking to shows he wouldn't want to watch because watching our usual shows without him is lame. I pulled up and watched Empire Records first, then I did a watch of Queen of the Damned (fun book, fun movie). I've also inhaled season 7 of Call the Midwife. Hubs watches CTM with me sometimes, but more often, he's off doing something else. I think all the screaming women in labor gets to him.
Oh, something else I did this week... I hit the thrift store. On Friday, I wandered around and found a nice, metal firewood rack with stylized leaves for $10 (for if ever we get a woodstove) and I really sturdy vice (for if ever I start woodcarving). I also saw this pair of really cute wood stools that I thought might look good in front of the windows in the sun porch - you know, for the cats to sit on while they look out the windows - but I didn't buy them. On Saturday, I went back for the stools.
Another occurrence... I bought some lottery tickets and won $20, which is why I went back for the stools. I also won something in our local bank's customer appreciation raffle. With all that luck floating around, I should've bought PowerBall tickets. ;o)
Anyway, not sure what today will bring. I might start my deep-cleaning project. I'll definitely get some more editing done. Other than that, the world is my clam. :gigglesnort: Have a great day and I'll catch ya on the flipside.
No comments:
Post a Comment