Friday, July 24, 2026

Friday This n That

 Yeah, I'm a day late.  I had intended to type up a post yesterday, but I was running late and then I got distracted, and well, you know what my father always said... "Intentions are for shit."  So, here I am on Friday again.  And I was doing so well last week.

I just saw a post on FB coming from someone who works at a university.  He recently received a letter from a university administrator, telling him that keeping books on his shelves is 'the unnecessary storing of combustible material.'  Think about that for a second  You can't keep books on your shelves AT A UNIVERSITY.  I'm seriously losing hope for this world.

Last night, I went to bed on time.  I've been really good about staying up to write every night, but last night I was tired.  So tired.  And guess what?  I still rolled around in bed like a damn gas station hotdog for hours.  Hubs keeps trying to fix my insomnia by giving me suggestions, bless his heart.  You know the ones - past a certain hour, stay away from the sugar (check) and the caffeine (check), cut down on the TV before bed (well, I'm writing before bed, so there's that).  I've tried listening to gentle music, nope.  It gets added to the mental jukebox that plays every song I've ever heard while I'm trying to sleep.  Mom has suggestions, too, and I've tried those.  I don't know what to think about it all.  Maybe my brain is just overly active lately.  I am writing a new book, after all, and the neurons are firing like Independence Day up there due to that.  Of course, the heat doesn't help.  If I could just get cool, I could get comfortable, and if I was comfortable, I could shut my brain up.  Maybe.  Eh, it's a theory.

I need to go grocery shopping while it's still cool.  It's supposed to get ungodly hot next week.  Problem is, I don't want to go grocery shopping today.  Meh.  I probably will, but I'd like it on record that I went under protest.

We have two yearling bucks hanging around the yard.  One is Scout, which is Sissy's fawn from last year.  The other we have named Ranger.  

Okay, I think that's it.  It's after 8 and I need to get my ass in gear.  Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you do.  :hugs:

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, and you know what good intentions are used for, right?

    Oh, righ. Let's digitize everything so when we get an EMP, all knowledge is lost. I'll keep my books, thank you very much. Pah on that administrator. Commie socialist

    My insomnia suggestion is to reverse things.. Do stuff at night. Eat, drink, be merry, work, write, etc. Then sleep when you can't keep your eyes open, even if it's day time. I went through a stage of that. I was up all night, would Only off to school and then I'd read in bed til I fell asleep. I'd wake up mid-afternoon, do daylight stuff/errands, get Only from school, do team practices, do early evening things (dinner/family stuff). Only and LG would go to bed and I'd stay up, writing etc. Now, LG is up all night and sleeps from about 5 a.m. until noonish (unless he has doc appts) and I'm crashed out by 10 p.m. and up between 6-7. 🙄

    I did my Wallyworld run this morning and was hom before 9. Yay.

    It's hot and humid. I do not like summer. It's teasing rain so at least it's cloudy today but it's hot and humid--the air you can wear, as the weather guy says.

    I've managed some new words and some buidling on random scenes this week. Not enough but some.

    Nothin' else of import to allow. Happy Fri-yay.

    ReplyDelete