Thursday, December 7, 2023

Thursday This n That

Dragged, kicking and screaming, into this decade, I am finally allowing Windows 10 into my home.  I'm kinda forced to, and believe me, I wouldn't be doing it if they* weren't forcing us to.  But nothing seems to be updating for Windows 7 anymore.  Bastards.  You see, Hubs needs a new computer because his laptop is like 13 years old and we're on tenterhooks wondering whether today is the day it's going to die.  We stopped closing it years ago because the monitor/lid hinge was getting to where it was close to popping off the next time we opened it.  Anyway, I hit Newegg and ordered it up last night - 'puter, monitor, keyboard, mouse.  All for under $200.  Yay.  Yeah, they're refurbs, but I've been working on a refurb for 3 years.   Once Hubs' is in and we're sure it works and junk, we'll order me up a new 'puter, too.  Just the machine - I have a monitor, etc.  Maybe afterwards, we'll be able to load stuff faster than the speed of snail.  Freakin' browser with it's 'we won't update your software anymore you dinosaur' messages.

I know you haven't heard from me in a while.  Work takes pretty much all my brain space these days.  I wish I could talk about it, but there are eyes everywhere.  :waves:  

The kittens are 11 months old now.  Sawyer is my chonky boi, but Finn's no itty-bitty kitty himself.  They're the same length stem to stern.  Sawyer's a bit wider and Finn is smidgen taller.  We'll weigh them at a year.  

Sorry, I had to stop there for a while because Hubs wanted to go over the budget.  End of year, trying to figure out where the money went... Weeee.  We're definitely better off this year than we were last year, and last year was way better than the year before.  Hell, we're out of debt now.  Woohoo.  Say what you will about work, it does the trick, eh?

Speaking of which, I should probably stop here and start moving in a general workly direction.  Have a great day wherever you are.  

Peace out.

*The assholes who make computer software.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, stranger! Good to get an update. Sorry about the whole 'puter situation. I've managed to make amends with 10 but so far, avoiding 11. Not sure why. 🤷🏼‍♀️ *shrug*

    Things are tight here so I get it! Only is looking for...reasons. LG has a conditional offer. Lots of paperwork before training can begin. That's a long story that I'll relate after it's public. S'all good and typical LG. LOLOL Anyway, I'm chugging along. This morning's WIP progress has been derailed because I'm trying to find an unrelated file that has *poofed* into the vast cosmic void that is my 'puters memory. Gah! 🤦🏼‍♀️

    Anyway, yay for new tech, lots of kitty time, and life settling on the good side. Hang in there! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, somehow I missed this post! Not surprising, since my blog-reader is slowly dying, poor thing.

    Yay for Sawyer and Finn!

    I had to downgrade to W10 last year. Sigh. I still miss W7.
    Oops, I just checked my calendar, and it was 2018. Five years is a looooong time to dislike a piece of software so much.

    I FINALLY got my Christmas presents wrapped. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. ;-)

    ReplyDelete