Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thursday This n That

Wow.  It's been over a month since I posted.  

A couple days ago, I got back from a trip to Michigan - not a month worth, only a few days.  It was great seeing Mom and the sibs.  We did nothing but sit around, chat, watch TV, order in... like I said, it was great.  Here's me on my vacay...


Yes, I feel the need to curl my toes.

The Boyz are getting big.  Sawyer is a giant among kittens.  He's my chunky boi.  Just kidding.  He's not fat, he's all muscle.  And Finn's no slouch either.  My super-sleek house panthers.

Speaking of Finn, he's been distracting me from writing this post.  He's such a cuddle bug.

It's been super hot and dry here.  I guess while I was gone, the heat let up a bit, but it's come back in full force.  Blerg.

I was screwing around on Etsy last night and I saw a candle that you can buy in various interesting (good but different) scents - including maple bourbon, pumpkin souffle, and Fruity Pebbles.  The store had all sorts of sayings you could get on the glass the candle comes in.  I liked "I'd shank a bitch in the kidney for you." but I'm demented.

Mom watches a lot of those court shows - Couples Court, Paternity Court, People's Court, Judge Judy - so that was watch I watched while I was there.  It was fun.  Man, people have messed up lives.  

I also noted that up in Liberalia (aka Michigan) the commercials inundate people with social justice messages.  No wonder the populace up there is so messed up. It's a blitzkrieg of brainwashing.  Mom's got pretty good armor - I just feel bad that she has to sit through that crap to get to the shows she wants to watch.  

Yesterday, I was back to work.  Eh, it wasn't that bad.  Only like 26 emails and I had picked a slow time of the month to go anyway, so I wouldn't have to come back to a pile of anything vile.  Yay.  I had warned several of my customers I was leaving, so they wouldn't call to talk to me.  =o)

Speaking of work, I should probably start moving in a workerly direction.  Have a great day, everyone, and don't be such a stranger.  ;o)


2 comments:

  1. Look at you! Love the hair, dudette! Yay for Mom Time™. I know y'all are close and same for the sibs. I fear I would have had to put my earbuds in to listen to a book. The closest I get to a "court" show is "Court TV". LOL Yay for kittens. Yay for safe trip home and shedding off the Liberaliaism of venturing out. Yay for light work load upon routine. And yeah, welcome to the oven.

    I finished CROSSFIRE. First draft anyway. In revision/edit mode and it's going slower than I'd hoped but work gets done every day and last night, I came dashing in at 9:30 to "fix" (add) wordage that took care of a niggle thingy that bugged me.

    Jake has been to the vet and goes back for a follow up on Monday. Ear infection caused ear rubbing/head shaking which broke capallaries(sp) in his ear and internal bleed. Vet drained it but it will need a second drain. Not as full as the original so that's progress. Still heartworm negative. Hot spot is growing hair. He'll get his vaccines and nail trim sooner than later. Gotta come off the antibiotics and steroids on the ear first.

    Pete and Loki are weird cats. That sums it up. They get along by ignoring each other and then occasionally having zoom chases through the house. Cats.

    Coffee is still my BFF. You come a close second. 😉 Glad to see you back around the intrawebz, even if only briefly!

    Hang in there. Friday's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back! I missed you. Love that photo!

    Say HI to Sawyer and Finn from me and Cleo. (She's only bitten me twice while you were gone.)

    It's hot here too, and what few brains I have left are frying on the grass.

    Is it Autumn yet? ;-)

    ReplyDelete