Saturday, May 13, 2023

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 5/12/23

 Well, it's certainly been a while since I did one of these things.  Frankly, I haven't been reading a lot or doing much with books, so you haven't missed much.  Here's what's gone on since last I posted a Reading Wrap-up.

I picked up 3 books - all hardcovers.  I got a NF, a compilation of HG Wells stories, and a compilation of stories by James Herriott.  I read the NF already.

Books Read: 

14) Never Turn Your Back on an Angus Cow by Dr. Jan Pol / David Fisher (5/11/23) - NF - 5 stars. New to me but not underappreciated.  I picked this up for $2 at the thrift store.
Review: "I love the show and I loved this book."

13) The Shivering Sands by Victoria Holt (4/30/23) - Historical Romantic Suspense - 4 stars. Not new to me and not underappreciated.  This one I also got for $2 at the thrift store.
Review: "This one was a little hard to get into but it ended up being enthralling. Too bad I don't have as much time to read as I used to, or this wouldn't have taken me so long."

12) The Wrong Victim by Allison Brennan (4/4/23) - Romantic Suspense - 5 stars. Not new to me or underappreciated (although I always feel more people should be reading Allison's books). Another $2 at the thrift store.
Review: "Ms. Brennan nails it again. The story is enthralling. The characters are kick-ass. The layers in this are delicious."

No DNFs... who has the time for that? LOL

Currently reading... Well, now I haven't quite decided that yet.

I don't expect anyone to tell me the books they've read over the past 6 weeks, but feel free to tell me what's been going on in your reading world.

1 comment:

  1. I've read 49 books so far this year, which puts me at only 5 books behind schedule on my challenge. At one point, I was like 9 or 10 behind. I've been in a slump this spring but decided to do a Shelly Laurenston Pride/Honey Badger series marathon. Finished the Pride series of 10 books, laughing and giggling through it and I'm currently about 1/3 of the way through HOT AND BADGERED, 1st book in the companion Honey Badger series. They are lots of fun, make me giggle, chuckle and sometimes laugh out loud even after multiple reads. I have 4 more to go before I have to flail around for something else to read. Hopefully, the two Ilona Andrews novellas in their Kate Daniels world which releases in June as a double audio book. (And no, I'm not being politically pronoun correct. The "author" is a wife/husband writing team so they are a they. 😉

    ReplyDelete