Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday This n That

Sleep deprivation... It's real and it's deep, man.  There is not enough coffee on the planet today.  I think I need a java IV.  STAT.

Have you noticed the vape commercials on TV?  "May contain nicotine."  They can't advertise cigarettes on TV, but they can advertise that?  I also saw an ad for something like a nicotine pouch you can put in your mouth.  But they can't advertise chew.  Now, I'm not advocating getting rid of those product ads.  I'm just saying if they can advertise, the others should be able to also.  I find the hypocrisy irritating.

Speaking of commercials, have you noticed they've upped the number of them?  Used to be like 3 maybe four commercials every fifteen minutes.  Now it's like 5-7 every ten or so minutes.  And if it's an old show from back in the fewer commercials days, they chop it up and suck parts out of it to allow for the commercials.  Or suddenly an hour long show is like an hour and fifteen. 

The neighborhood guinea hens amuse me.  The other day I was driving out and saw them all sprawled in one of the neighbor's driveway, sleeping and doing their feathers and just generally chilling out.  They're such funny little things.  Of course, sometimes I have to stop and remind them to get out of the road.  Move along, ladies, before someone squashes you flat.

Which reminds me of a funny thing I've seen around the webs.  It goes something like 'Be decisive.  The road is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.' 

Speaking of which, I hit a squirrel a couple days ago.  It came from the other side of the road and stopped in the middle.  Then it gave me this horrified, scared look and proceeded to run in front of my car.  I had hoped it would manage to be in the middle of the car, but one of my wheels must've got it because I could see it in the rearview, laying there in the road.  If it had simply stayed where it was or run back the other way, it would've been fine.  But no.  Stupid suicidal squirrel.  And I know there are millions of squirrels, but I always feel bad when I hit one. 

I also feel bad when I hit butterflies.  Lucky for me, it's fleeting or I'd be driving around feeling bad all the time.

I finally remembered to clean my computer vents.  It's running much quieter now.  Whew.  I so do not need a crash right now.

And on that note, I'll let you get back to your morning coffee.  Bottoms up.


1 comment:

  1. Suicide by car. Squirrels have the habit, but I too feel bad.

    Haven't seen any big butterfly migrations this year so no splatters. That's a 😟 and a 😊.

    Gave Adidas a bath yesterday. She was not happy but now she's cleaner and smells better. Loki wanted to help dry her. Good thing she is old and slow.

    Saw a meme that made me laugh while also shaking my head: I have to stop saying "How stupid can you be?" Some people are taking that as a challenge.

    It's only 10:30 and I'm already contemplating a second pot of coffee.

    I've finally trained myself to just delete emails I don't intend to open. They got to trash and it shouldn't matter if they show read or unread because...trash. For someone as anal as I am, this is a big deal.

    I've accomplished nothing this week.

    On that bright note, I suppose I need to close my browser in an attempt to do something worthwhile. Not that replying to you isn't worthwhile. It is, but you know what I mean.

    Later, gator.

    ReplyDelete