Thursday, February 25, 2016

This n That Thursday

Food for thought: Facebook said something awhile back about how part of their algorithm for determining what you want to see in your feed is based on how long you spend on any given status update. (You know, rather than showing you everything like you freakin' asked.)  Which might be why sometimes FB shows me a whole lot of something I really have no interest in.  I walk away from the computer a lot - to get coffee, to exercise, to go watch TV - and leave my browser open to FB.  So, when you get up from your computer to use the bathroom, watch where you're at in the newsfeed.  Jus' sayin'.

I'm feeling decidedly uninspired lately.  But it's February.  My muse usually goes on vacation about this time of year.  I wish she'd take the self-doubt bitch with her when she goes.  Sheesh. 

I got a call yesterday while I was on the phone with Mom.  The caller ID said it was a local call, so I ended my chat.  I looked through the list of all our neighbors to see who the hell would be calling.  None of them.  So I called the number back, in case it was someone I didn't have on the list.  "Your call cannot be completed as dialed."  Which I took to mean that someone has spoofed a local number to get me to answer the damn phone.  (We're call screeners.  If I don't know you, I don't answer the phone.) 

Michigan is getting slammed with snow.  Mom and the Kid are on opposite sides of the state, but they're both getting more than their fair share.  Mom said she's staying home.  The Kid has class, so I'm not sure what she'll face.  I know it's one she can't miss.  Keep your fingers crossed.

We have no snow.  We were supposed to get some, but then it passed us up entirely.  Livin' in the sweet spot.  Woohoo.

Which reminds me... We uncovered all the garden beds on Monday.  I hated to do it because I'm not convinced that Winter is over, but all my bulbs are coming up and they were getting all mutated under the leaf litter.  I even have the first crocus of Spring.  It's a purple one.  So, all my beds are clear and growing green things - tulips, irises, hyacinths, crocuses, daffodils.  Keep your fingers crossed we don't get another hard freeze.  I would totally have a sad if everything died now.


What's on your 'this n that' parade today?

4 comments:

  1. I was going to go to the fitness center this morning. Was all dressed to go. Then I looked outside. It was snowing, so I didn't go.

    Now I'm just waiting for the hot water tank to refill so I can take a shower (hubby tends to drain that sucker dry!!!). Then I'll meet hubby for lunch at B-dubs. In between and around all that I'll get some editing done. I'm coming up to a place where I have to ADD A SCENE. Ugh. But it wasn't like I was totally surprised when my editor suggested I have it. Oh well...

    At least this weekend will be warmer and all the white stuff will have melted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This: I hate FB. Just sayin'. I keep it open on my author page in a tab on my browser. I haven't looked at my personal page feed for days. I should but...deadlines.

    That: I'm reading MOONSTRUCK: LIES out loud. I even do voices. LOL Now I'm getting a wild hair to create a persona to read scenes from my books on YouTube, sort of a "Granny Pantys Reads the Sexy" thing. Can't decide if it would draw people to check out the books because...HUMOR. Or if they'd run screaming.

    Another: This may be the first year in ages that I won't have a daffodil blooming on my birthday next week. This makes me have a sad. :(

    Back to edits...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get so annoyed with the random junk facebook thinks I want to see. Recently they've implemented this new thing that you have instead of 'like' a post, you can say if it made you sad or angry or whatever, which is all fine and dandy, but the one thing everyone asked for they didn't do: a dislike button. I figure, I'd break that button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're three weeks from the first day of spring. Even though the 10 day forecast calls for temps in the 70s I still worry about a snap freeze. I've only put out only the cool weather plants for now. The rest are waiting in pots.

    ReplyDelete