Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday This n That

My ad comes out today and the waiting is kinda killin' me.

We've been updating the drainage system here.  We live on a hill, you see, and so when it rains, the water comes straight down the hill toward our house.  Which means we realized the first month we were here that we needed some kind of drainage system.  And what we created works for the most part.  Except that ditch I created next to the driveway.  I mean, it works, but it's eroding .  Soooo...  We've come up with an idea to line the ditch with larger rocks.  Lord knows we have enough rocks around here.  It's about 60% done now and yesterday's gullywasher proved that it works.  The fast moving water was slowed down by the rocks.  Yay.  Now to finish it.  Hubs has been a champ, filling the wheelbarrow with rocks from the downslope, rolling it back uphill, and adding them to the ditch.  He's awesome.

I haven't exercised since Monday and I'm feeling like a toad.  I did some gardening yesterday - enough to break a sweat - but not really a lot.  I'll rectify that later this morning and do my exercises.

I looked out the window just now and saw 4 deer and 3 turkeys.  I told Hubs "Your entourage is here."  He's feeding them now.

I need to bake something, so Hubs has treats.  I have the ingredients for cake cookie bars.  I just need to get off my butt and make them.  

Raspberry sherbet with chocolate ice cream is yummy.  And I found this 'choco-politan' ice cream at Wallyworld.  It's like Neapolitan, but with three strips of different chocolate instead of the usual brown/white/pink. This is dark/white/milk chocolates.  Yum.

The more I exercise, the more I can eat treats without gaining weight.  Funny how that works.  I mean, not A LOT of treats or it defeats the purpose, but still.

Ugh, I need to vacuum.

What's on your this n that list today?



2 comments:

  1. Wishing you tons of luck with your sale. Good luck, not the other kind.

    My that: My ancient computer's CD drive died last night. Meaning I can't back up anything anymore. I need to look up replacement costs, but on a computer this old I might as well do the whole rig. I'll spend tonight researching - I think I'll get a rebuilt Dell with W7, if I can - but today is Dad-sitting day, so I'll be out until later tonight. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocopolitan!?!? OMGWTFBBQ! I must have this. It is neither in the food or calorie budget but I. Don't. Care! Must have!!! *makes grabby hands*

    I need to put the earphones down and work. Err...write. I need to work too but words come first. If I can stop listening to RIVER MARKED.

    It's hot. Got a text today from the electric company. We go on peak-hour based billing soon. I missed spring. Maybe it'll come back this summer?

    The Big 12 baseball tournament is on. And the Super Regionals for college softball starts today. OU is still in it. Cards are on a travel day. So much better than the news.

    I'm easily distract-- SQUIRREL!

    I haven't seen any hummingbirds. This makes me sad. My "uh-oh" crow hasn't been back either. And speaking of squirrels, those living in the yard seem to have come to detante with the dogs. Or it's hot. Either way, the boys are more content to lay under the ceiling fan or in front of the AC vent.

    Did I mention I need to work? Errr...write? Yeah, I need to get right on that because I am NOT going to get dressed to go see if my Wallyworld has that ice cream. Nope. Not gonna...

    ReplyDelete