Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday Update - Week ???

I'm not sure what week it is and I'm too lazy to go look.  It was a week, the first one of May.  So there.  =op

I made a little more progress on Sleeping Ugly, but not much.  As I've said before, it will get done by the deadline, but I'm guessing RIGHT before the deadline.

Once again, I'm in a reading slump.  It's not that I have nothing to read or that none of it would interest me.  I even have a pre-release of the 18th book in a series I've been following for years.  I'm just in a spot where reading itself isn't blowing my skirt up.  Or like the gal at the feed store said, "I'd read more, but it's too lovely outside."  Maybe that's it.  Maybe it's that I have too much to do outside to be inside reading.  :shrug:  This, too, shall pass.

And I'm still not fishing.

What exactly am I doing?  Hell if I know.  I did a bunch of gardening stuff.  I've been exercising.  There's been some spreadsheet stuff.  Shopping.  Cleaning.  I did the windows last week.  And some dusting.

Oh, yeah, and last week was the well thing.  The well pump went kerplooey.  But they got it fixed quick so we were only without water for 24 hours.  Of course, then the well had to be chlorinated, so we had a few more days on bottled water until the bleach was washed out of the system. But it's all good now.

Spring is in full swing here.  The trees are no longer naked.  The flowers are blooming or getting ready to bloom.  Hubs has already mowed the yard twice and done the first bug-spraying of the year.  The birds are stopping by on their migratory route.  The bucks' antlers are growing and so are the does' bellies.  Life is good.

How are things where you are?

2 comments:

  1. I think the weather messed up all the flowers here. :/

    The kids lost a favorite aunt on Baseball Boy's side over the weekend. He was in the middle of high school baseball regionals. They finally made it to the family hometown last night and were there to say goodbye as the docs turned off the life support.

    If you can get it from the library, read THE BROKEN GIRLS. I think it might be right up your ally, though I hear you on the "finding time." If it weren't for audio books I'd be way behind my challenge, and sadly, I'm doing more "re-listens" than new stuff because what's out there new just isn't holding my attention. There's stuff coming out soon and soonish but not at the moment. So...

    Glad the well is done but with Hubs on the case, I'm not surprised. Okay. I need to get more coffee and write now. Maybe. Maybe I'll just take my cup outside and sit in dappled shade for a bit, before the cool turns to hot.

    Go fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running very late, here. Stuff happens. ;-)

    Got some writing in, but not as much as I wanted, and this week's schedule looks worse. Gotta keep plugging along!

    ReplyDelete