Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sunday Update - Week 19 (I Think)

May, glorious May, wonderful May... 

Okay, so you may have seen where I finished reading through Sleeping Ugly and was stuck at a crossroads as to what to do now.  I'm still working on the plan, but what will probably happen is I will send Sleeping Ugly off to the editor on June 1st and then write like a madwoman for the month of June on the next book, tentatively called either Ugly and the Beast or Cinder Ugly, so that I can have it ready to send to the editor in August when she finishes the edits for SU.

As you can see, I did some brainstorming this week and that's what I came up with.  I still have no idea what the next book will be about, but I did write the first paragraph in my handy dandy notebook.  So I got that going for me.

I finished the read-through, note-taking thing for SU and started to input edits.  If I keep my head down and work, I can do this.

Other than that, I did some reading.  I finished a book I can't review yet, so I'm not going to talk about that until next week (after it releases).  I also read a book I picked up on a whim that was loads of fun and a checkmark in my 'new-to-me, underappreciated author' goal.  Yesterday, I started a John D. MacDonald crime novel.  It's really good so far. 

And I did a boatload of weeding and gardening this week.  Well, it was kind of more prep than actual gardening.  I pulled my dead/dying azaleas and then dug up those two beds in anticipation of the arrival of my new hydrangeas.  Let me tell ya, there were a lot of rocks in those beds.  I don't remember there being that many rocks when I transplanted the azaleas there five years ago.  I pulled all the big rocks out and left them in a pile because I have a plan for them.  Which I'm supposed to start today but I'm so darned sore I may put that off 'til tomorrow.

I also went fishing once.  Caught about a half dozen little bluegills.  It was fun, but it don't put fish in the freezer.  Ya know?

Other work was light last week.  Only one spreadsheet and some computer support stuff.  Which is why I had so much time for gardening.

Thanks to the gardening and its general workout, I lost another half a pound.  And I got active 6/7 days last week.

Oh, and Happy Mothers' Day to all them what has kids.  I don't expect anything celebratory will happen today.  The Kid might call.  I'll call my mom.  Hubs will call his mom. 

This coming week holds both my birthday and our anniversary.  Hubs wanted to bake me a birthday cake, but I told him not to.  I've been doing so well on my 'get healthier' thing, I don't want a cake to ruin it.  Which it would.  I'll probably make an applesauce-walnut coffee cake instead, which is chock full of health and goodness.  If the heat lets up enough to make me want to turn on the oven, that is. 

Ugh, what is it with the early heatwave crap this year?  We went from having the furnace on to having the AC on.  So much for the two weeks of low electric bills we usually get this time of year.  Bleh.

Okay, I think that's it for me.  What've you been up to?

2 comments:

  1. This 3 days of spring sucks. Summer in May is just wrong! Can't wait to hear what you brainstormed for more "fractured fairytales." Happy Mother's Day. We're doing a family gathering at the in-laws favorite pizza place. It's close to them (this is my SiL who had the bad stroke) and easy for them to navigate. I've been a slug all weeend. I need to get to work.

    Oh, I did some tidying last week and unearthed something for you. I'll get it in the mail this week. Sort of an unexpected b-da present, and no, don't go there. I'll explain in the note when it comes. :)

    Okay. I gotta finish email now. Later tater, and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday week! :-D

    It's too hot here, too. I'm having trouble finding any energy.

    Yay for SU and friends!!!

    I did a little editing on DWL, a little writing on SR, and a little done on the next dressmaking book. I need to find my ray gun and zap myself with go-juice!

    ReplyDelete