Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Taking Myself in Hand

The end of the year is rapidly approaching.  Where did the time go?  Sheesh. 

I know a large portion of it was spent sitting on my ever-widening ass, I'll tell ya that.  And it's got to stop.  (The ever-widening ass part AND the sitting on it part.)  So here's the plan for 2018...

1)  I will get back to my 'do something active every day' thing.  Every day I'm not gimped up or sick, I will do something active.  This includes any number of the following: dancing, actual exercise, woods work, cleaning, walking, fishing... anything that gets my butt moving instead of sitting.

2)  I will stop being such a whiny baby and do the work I know I need to do to accomplish my goals, regardless of whether I'm tired or discouraged or achy.

3)  I will publish 4 books in 2018.  Which means sitting at this keyboard any time I'm not doing something active or running errands.  And I will be doing writerly things here any time I'm not doing spreadsheety things for work.

4) Since I recognize that the above will turn me into a crispy critter, I will read at least 70 books in 2018. 

Yeah, yeah, I know.  I'll still be screwing around part of the time - watching the boob tube, vegging out with FB, etc.  But if I don't take myself in hand at some point, my plans will fall apart and I'll be sitting here this time next year lamenting the time I frittered away.  2018 will be more working and less frittering. 

What's your plan for the new year?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to write (naturally) and try to be more supportive of my family and friends. Other than that, and losing the last fifteen pounds to go on my backside, I just want to stay out of the dark and keep with the light. Merry (belated) Christmas, B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Yup.
    2) Yup.
    3) My goal is three books. I'm not as fast a thinker as you are!
    4) Read 100 books. I average two a week. If I BUY more than that, I read them. And get less writing done.

    We need all the other weird stuff to feed the muse!

    ReplyDelete