Saturday, December 9, 2017

Saturday Fishing Report - 12/9/17

Hello again and welcome to the Saturday Fishing report... such as it is.

I went fishing three times last week.  Spent about 6-7 hours out there total.  Caught one fish.  It was a 5-6" bluegill and I threw it back. 

I have been seeing that other people in the area are catching fish, but they're in boats and going 30' deep or something.  :shrug:  What can I say?  It's gotten cold and the fish went deep.  The area skipped fall fishing entirely or it was so short a window that I missed it.  No big walleyes for me this year, I guess.

I have been getting more experience throwing lures, though.  And my arms are getting used to the constant throw and reel and jig, so that's something.  However, with only a few weeks left, my goal of catching a fish on a lure this year is probably not going to come to fruition.  Next year, maybe.

The days were beautiful here, if a mite cold.  Boy, howdy, that wind on Wednesday afternoon was a pisser, lemme tell ya.  We stuck to a sheltered cove for the most part that day.  Out of the wind, but also out of the fish.  I did catch the bluegill that day so it wasn't a total skunky-monkey. 

The resident kingfisher at my go-to spot has been a constant companion.  His scattergun, rapidfire call is a welcome noise.  And seeing him swoop and dive is always fun.  Sometimes he sits in a tree behind me.  I think he might be hoping I'll scare some scad to the surface where he can snack on them.  Hasn't happened yet, but we both can hope. 

Well, that's it for me.  Not sure what this week will bring.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit warmer, so I might go drown some worms for a couple hours.  We'll see.  Hell, if I get the jones'n, I might go out today and freeze my ass off.  Who knows. 

Have an awesome next week, and if you do venture outside, bundle up. 

1 comment:

  1. Supposed to be nice here today if...nippy, then warm up into the 60's this coming week. I'm still editing so mostly inside. Ah well. However, if the yard guy doesn't come, I'll have to rake leaves so I can finish the Christmas lights. Or maybe not. *has the lazies*

    ReplyDelete