Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Reading Wrap Up

As the year slowly swings to a close, I thought I'd do a wrap-up on what I've read this year. 

I started the year with a goal of reading 70 books in 2017.  Then I adjusted that to 80 books, which wasn't enough because I had to adjust it again to 90 books.  And I'll hit that goal tonight or tomorrow.  (I'm about halfway through on a paranormal romance and those never take me too awfully long.)

Of those 90 books, here's the general breakdown...

Mystery - 25
Paranormal (Romance/Suspense/Mystery/YA) - 17
Suspense/Crime - 12
Romance - 10
SF - 8
History - 4
Fantasy - 4
Literature/Literary - 4
Action/Adventure - 3
Women's Fiction - 1
Western - 1
Non-fiction - 1

Some of those slopped over to more than more category (Paranormal Romance, Romantic Suspense, Historical NF).  I counted it in the category that was most valid for the story.

Most of those were adult novels, but I did get in 6 YA and 1 MG. 

I also had a goal to read new-to-me authors this year.  I read 15 of those this year.  I'll try to do a sort of review wrap-up on those next week for people who might be interested in finding new authors and supporting the under-appreciated among us.

All in all, it was a good year for reading.  I'm looking forward to what 2018 will bring.  To that end, I'm starting out with a 70 book goal again.  We'll see how that goes with my plan to publish 4 books this year.  Writing/publishing eats into reading time, doncha know.

Look for other wrap-ups as the year ends and the new one begins.

How was your reading year?  Did you meet your goals?  Read anything amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment