Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Update - Week 9

Hello again.

First off, sorry I've been a toad about posting lately.  I don't know where my head's been.  Certainly not in the writing.

Anyway, here's what little I did last week...

As of last night, I kicked myself in the ass and got back to writing.  I'm still at a piddlin' 3000 words on Djinn3, but it's progress from the 2100 I had last time, so I'm not complaining.  Much.  And hey, I completed the first chapter.  Yay.

I'm still sending out queries in dribs and drabs.  Kicked myself in the butt over that, too, and I'm getting back on track.  I did have some query news but nothing I want to go into in front of the world wide web.  Not bad.  Not awesomesauce either.  Just a further holding pattern with a minor bit of hope attached.

I haven't done anymore editing on Wrongful Termination, but the last I checked, I decided to completely redo the beginning - which kind of derailed me a little.  But I found a better way to start it, so it's all good. 

Perhaps I bit off too much last month or maybe I just need to quit whining.  I'll put my head down and re-evaluate.  No suggestions here, please.  This is something I have to figure out myself. 

I know several people have commented on how very busy I am, but really I'm not busy.  What I am is fast at certain things and profoundly lazy about others.  Most of my time really is spent watching TV and reading with brief spurts of activity.  Maybe I'll do a post about what my days actually look like and all the places where I could be working when I'm not.  Might up my productivity.

If I had half the drive of a normal person, I'd probably be published by now.

In other news, I bought some lovely hyacinths that'll be going in the ground sometime later this week.  I also made a pan of layer bar cookies. 

Oh, and I got our taxes done.

I think that's enough for one week.  Wish it could be more... or actual progress... or something to shout YAY about.  Right now, I'm just happy both cats are alive, the Hubs is doing well, and the Kid is safe and warm.  And some weeks, that's all a gal can ask for.

What's up in your world?  And hey, since I came up with some positives for this bleh week, the least you can do is try.  ;o)

8 comments:

  1. Here's my positive - YAY, FEBRUARY IS OVER!!

    I've read other bloggers who do a 'day in the life' and it's very interesting - to me, anyway. Always fascinated to see how others spend their days. Speaking of which, I think I may have to do one (not post it, though - well, maybe) to, like you said, see where I could be more productive. I know there are hours (hours!) that I just spend doing nothing, usually staring at a computer screen. I think it may be very beneficial.

    Hope the upcoming week is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's over, Janet. Onward through March!

      If you do the whole 'what am I doing with my time' thing, let me know how it turns out. I'll probably do one and post it sometime this week.

      Thanks! I hope your upcoming week is good, too. =o)

      Delete
  2. Hey, we're running even. After three years of not writing, I managed around 3000 new words this week. Yay! I even like most of them, considering it's a first draft. I'm creating new chapters to fill out holes in a trunk novel, but I'm getting happier and happier with the novel as a whole. :-)

    And YAY, February is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, breaking the non-writing streak! 3K is amazing when you've been dry that longs. Go you!

      Delete
  3. You'll work it out. I have faith in you, B.E.

    Good? LG is home from the hospital, I'm almost done painting at The Only's new place. One more big push today and then we're done and they can move in next weekend and I can let my body recuperate. And I can get back to work. With all the crazypants stuff RL threw at me, I've been a slacker on my revisions. Must get back on that ASAP. I have a March 14th deadline. I have about 100 pages to go so I'll make it, but REALLY need to get back in the right headspace, so yeah, when you quit kicking yourself, aim one my direction, will ya? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do, Silver. Thanks for the faith. =o)

      I'm so glad LG is finally home. (And I bet you both are, too.) I hope the painting went well today and that you're all finished. I bet the kids can't wait to move in. Now, no more crazypants stuff. I know you'll meet your deadline, as long as you avoid the crazypants stuff. And yeah, here's a kick for you... :kick:

      Delete
  4. Staying motivated can really be a challenge. I think for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Sandra. Some days are better than others, but so far this has been a fairly motivated year. Here's to keeping that going. ;o)

      Delete