Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Update - Week 10

I finally remembered to update, so not a perfect record, but I have posted every Sunday for 10 weeks.  Go me!

However, this is the second weekend in a row that I don't have much to update y'all on.  And I can already see next week ain't looking good neither.

Let's see.  I rearranged my office...

My desk used to be facing the curtains - which made the curtains really hard to open.  Now I feel like a receptionist.  ;o)

I read three books.  I'm up to 26 for the year.

I sent out a few more queries, but I haven't heard anything from any of them recently.

Hubs and I went clothes shopping together - and no one died.  We're both outfitted for summer now.  Plus, we got him a camera of his very own, so maybe I'll have some shots of myself to post here eventually.  We also went to lunch and no one died, but afterwards, I kinda wanted to.  Last time we eat there.  Ugh.

I got my hair cut the day we went shopping.  At a real hair salon.  They did Hubs' hair first so I had plenty of time to pick out a hairstyle.  And what she did looks nothing like the picture I showed her.  Maybe she felt weird about taking that much off.  (I've had hairdressers who admitted they were leery of taking me from long to short, so it could happen.)  It looks good, though, so I'm not complaining.  It's about 5 inches shorter than it was, so that's something anyway.

In writerly news... Well, I got nothing.  I hit a spot in Djinn 3 where I wasn't sure how to proceed and while I have been thinking about it, I haven't been forging ahead.  Maybe today I can just push past it.  I also haven't done any editing.  I think what happened is I overloaded my plate and once I realized that, I just sorta dumped everything.  Silly, I know, but I'll get back at it.  Honest.

Your turn.  What's gone on in your weeks?  Anything good?

4 comments:

  1. Hugs on hitting the overload point. Keep thinking about it while doing other things. Inspiration strikes over the oddest things, sometimes as little as noticing a crack in the ground for the first time. (The ground here in Texas cracks badly in summer. Cracks three feet deep and six inches wide. Scary!)

    No new words this week, but I'm essential rewriting this novel word by word, adding chapters to fill in gaps. I even deleted a chapter I really love, but I hope to repurpose it later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb. Yep, inspiration does strike over odd things. Last night as I was trying to write - and writing crap - I took a second to look at Facebook and got struck by a bolt of insight.

    Good luck with your words. I've been there - rewriting word by word. Sorry about your chapter. I hope you do get to use it again. :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too late to weigh in on last week?

    My birthday - yay! A great haircut - yay! (thought I might see a picture of your cut here) Another instalment up on The Jane Project - yay!

    There were yucky issues at work, but, thankfully, I'm not allowed to talk about that here ;)

    Like the new arrangement - now, get to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are never too late, Janet. Yay for your birthday and haircut! Yay for Jane! Sorry about the lack of pics.

      Boo for the yucky work issues. :hugs:

      Thanks! And I did!

      Delete