Of course, since I was stupid and not following Alex, I didn't hear about it there. I heard about it from blogpal and awesome suspense writer, Jennifer Hillier.
So here goes nothing...
9. Pay It Forward - I started out really interested in this movie. I thought it was going to be a happy movie about people doing kind things for other people. And then they killed off the kid. Ruined the whole movie for me.
8. Old Yeller - nothing like scarring a child for life by making him fall in love with a big loveable dopey dog and then shooting it at the end.
6. King Kong vs Godzilla - I'm a huge fan of the old Godzilla movies, but even I couldn't get past how bad this one was. Could they have made King Kong look any more hokey?
5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka is just creepy. Was it just me or did his protrayal have pedophile written all over it? :shudder:
4. Thir13en Ghosts - psycho uncle leaves his warped house to his nephew who just says 'hey, I need to get away from it all, so I'll move my whole family - including a nanny I can't afford, since I'm like broke and stuff - into this house built by an uncle I never liked'. And then gross stuff happens. (Although, I admit it's one of those movies that - like a horrible train wreck - I can't look away from.)
And tied for number one...
1. The Abyss and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - They both have the same problem, in my opinion. They started out great as a kind of action/adventure/suspense things. But aliens? Really? It was like the writers couldn't think of anything else to do, so they threw in aliens. Bleh.
Please remember, folks, that these are my opinions only. Don't hate me because I think these movies stink.