Sunday, September 4, 2011

Whatcha doin' this weekend?

It's awfully quiet around the interwebz.  I mean, quieter than usual for a weekend.  Must be that everyone's out enjoying the long weekend.  Me?  I'm still here.  The long weekend is just another weekend with an extra day added on.

People keep asking me - whatcha doin' this weekend?  Got anything special planned?

Uhh, no.  The only thing out of the ordinary is that I have to gather up Daughter's winter stuff because I'm headed her way later this week and dropping it off on my way through.  We're doing lunch - if there's time.

The rest of the weekend will be spent reading and watching TV.  Oh and editing.  Must edit.  Didn't edit yesterday, but I seriously need to light a fire under my buns or I'll never feel like doing NaNo in a couple months.  Must work.  After all it's Labor Day Weekend.

Does anyone else think it's funny that we celebrate Labor by taking an extra day off and relaxing?

Oh, and since everyone has asked me... Whatcha doin' this weekend?  Got anything special planned?

4 comments:

  1. We're taking my mother in law out for a birthday lunch. After that, I might write a little. And nap. Or just nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you in doing a whole lot of nothing. No plans, hubby had to work so he's dead asleep now, kids watching Pokemon, crock pot full of stewed something, me doing laundry. I'll stop now before you die of excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I looked up the exact meaning of Labor Day. It came from the unionized labor unions. It's because we work so darn hard that we get an extra day off so enjoy it.:-)
    Funny because I thought it was something a little more patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need a day to relax because all of us work so hard! :)

    ReplyDelete