Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stalled

Ever have one of those days where you don't feel like doing anything?  You know the one - where even sitting and watching TV feels like a chore.  Hell, it's one of those days where just the sitting part is a chore and I'd go back to bed, but it's too much work to stand and walk there from here.

Watching those pharmaceutical commercials would lead me to believe I'm depressed.  Except I don't feel depressed.  I feel happy enough, but unmotivated.  Bleh.

The culprit could be the amount of work I have waiting for me to get motivated.  Sometimes just thinking about everything I have to do makes me too tired to do it.  Work-wise, I've got editing and polishing galore waiting to be done.  Otherwise, I have laundry to do, the office to clean, and I probably should do something about the bathrooms.  Daughter needs drive-time, too. Plus, I have to schedule her ACT, research colleges, order checks, take a shower, sweep the front patio... :yawn:

Needless to say, I'm stalled.  Maybe I'll call Mom.  Usually when I'm in a bleh mood, talking to her shakes me out of it.  Last time this mood hit, I talked to her for an hour and then went right to work.  And we didn't even talk about my mood.  We just BS'd and I felt more motivated.  Yay for Mom.

What do you do to shake yourself out of the blehs?

ETA: Talking to Mom did the trick.  I'm off my proverbial butt and doing stuff now.  

1 comment:

  1. Generally, if I get in a blah mood, I stay there for the day. Nothing really seems to work for moi *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete