Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Score!

Hi.  I'm B.E. and I'm addicted to books.  And actually, I'm okay with that.  Other than my budget, no one gets hurt and my addiction actually puts money in other writer's pockets.

Yesterday I made a major score.  I didn't get everything I wanted and I didn't find everything I was looking for, but I did rake in some yummy new titles.

What I did get:

Embers by Laura Bickle (an new-to-me author - recommended by Amazon).  I started this one last night.
Every Demon Has His Day by Cara Lockwood (I read the 2nd book in this series last week, and when I saw this in Borders' sales bin, I snapped it up.)
Mind Games by Carolyn Crane (an impulse buy)
Nightlife (Cal Leandros - Book 1) by Rob Thurman (I've been hearing about Mr. Thurman for a while now and decided to take the plunge)
The Highlander's Sword by Amanda Forester (been on my wishlist for over a month - about time I bought it)
Heart of Darkness - a compilation of shorts by Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne and Susan Krinard.
Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison - by Brandon Mull (I'm totally hooked on this MG series.  Thank god I made the mistake of thinking I hadn't bought the 4th book - because as I was searching for that one, I found this one.  Yay!)

I'm still needing to buy Silver James's book Faerie Fate.  Neither B&N nor Borders had it in stock, so I'll be ordering it off Amazon, I guess.  I also skipped the latest Dresden Files novel - Changes - because paying $26 for the hardcover made my little miserly heart whimper.  I'll pick it up in softcover eventually.

Oh, and I still have a couple books on my TBR pile to read.  Even though I bought it in February, I still haven't cracked open Academe's Fury by Jim Butcher.  I have to be in the right frame of mind to tackle the Codex Alera books and I'm not there yet.  I also picked up a neat looking title the other day called Lady Dragon by Jewell Mason.

This should provide me with my fix for at least a couple weeks. 

What are you reading?  Find any good new authors to share?  Did I forget to buy something you think I really should be reading?

2 comments:

  1. Reading? What's that? *sigh* Too busy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, they named an anthology "Heart of Darkness"? Do they not know their literary history? Joseph Conrad is probably rolling in his grave.

    Anyway... All the books I want to buy come out May 25th (there are like, 6 or 7 coming out that day) LOL!

    ReplyDelete