Week 40? Already? So, there are only 12 weeks left of 2026. Wow.
The big news this week is that I finished the first draft of Old Magic. Wait, the bigger news might be that I came up with a title for it. Or it might be that I think I have a title for DN3, too. Anyway, Old Magic is now... :drumroll: Home is Where the Hex is. (Do you capitalize 'is' in that or not?) And DN3 will probably be Duke Noble, P.I.: Truth Be Told. Anyway Pt2, HWH topped out at 66960 words for the first draft. I think I have ideas for a sequel for that, which would make this a series, which the title for will be The Worthy Witch or A Worthy Witch (cuz Worthy is the surname of the family). The plan now is to edit TBT, starting today, and maybe start writing HWH sometime soon. Time will tell.
Marketing was done. Crickets were heard. September ended up a big ol' donut-hole. October ain't looking any better, but it's early yet. I might do something this week and I might not. Stay tuned.
I baked stuff this week. I think I already mentioned the Choco-Nanner cookies, which are banana cookies with chocolate chips. They're good, but a little weird. I also made a chocolate oil cake with raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream. And I did a batch of twice-baked potatoes. All yummy. All not exactly good for my waistline. :shrug:
To combat the ever-expanding waist, I did three walks this week for a total of 3.2 miles. I also did some cleaning, some grocery shopping and, of course, the lugging of water for the greenhouse. Weight holding steady at 180.6.
Speaking of the greenhouse, I have flowers! One pepper plant has one flower and the bigger tomato has at least 4-5 blooms. The other peppers still have buds and the other tomato is working on it. So, even though it's early October, I could still get vegetables this year. The greenhouse will help keep everything warmer even if it freezes, so yay.
Speaking of temps, it's finally cooler here. Okay, so yeah, we're supposed to get back into the upper eighties this week, but that's still cooler than those ungodly 100+ temps we were getting, so yay. Unfortunately, the prediction for this year here is warmer than usual throughout the winter, which will totally harsh my time in the woods. :shrug: You can only do what you can do.
The rut is in its early stages here, so the deer are doing their things. Yesterday, we had two yearling bucks clacking antlers in the side yard. I think it was Scout and Ranger, but I'm not sure. We also saw a fox for the first time in weeks, so yay.
Other than that, not much going on around here. Stuff, junk, and yada yada. How are things in your world?
Love the titles but...I have bad news on the Hex--not to say that two books can't have the same name and it might even help get your book to pop up more often on the 'Zon. Anyway, I say go for it's catchy!
ReplyDeleteBig yay for finishing it! Woot!!!! 🥳
Yay for greenhouse growing! And cooler temps and wildlife normalcy.
I don't have much to say. It was a week. I think I did some stuff. I don't remember. I wrote a tiny bit. I'm doing tech stuff with the TVs that breaks my brain.
I guess I should go set up my blog for tomorrow. Or get something to eat. It's after one. *wanders off*
Later tater.