Sunday, June 3, 2012

Afraid to Finish Reading

Okay, so I'm about 2/3rds of the way through Blackout by Mira Grant.  I have a total writer crush on her (aka Seanan McGuire) and I so totally love the books she writes.  So far I'm loving this book, too, but I can see where it could all go so amazingly wrong for the characters.

And thinking about this last night makes me want to do something I've never done before.  I want to write Seanan and ask her to let me know if there's an HEA.  Or at least a 'happy for now'.  I don't want her to tell me how it ends.  In fact, I hate spoilers.  I just need a 'yes' or 'no', so I can either continue reading or set the book down now and create a happy ending in my head rather than a horrible end she might have planned.  This is the last book in the trilogy and I really don't think I could bear it if this story goes bad for the characters I've come to love so much.  :cough:HungerGames:cough:

Has this ever happened to you?

ETA:  Thank you, Seanan.  I never should've doubted you would end this right.  And damn you for making me cry - even if they were good tears.  =op

1 comment:

  1. LOL, THAT hasn't happened to me, but I was royally pissed with Ms. JK when I finsished the last Harry Potter book.

    ReplyDelete