Saturday, December 4, 2010

Quickie Post

I thought I'd have more time this morning, but they're here and I have to shut the computer off. 

Oh yeah.  Who are they?  They're the roofers.  For the past couple days, they've been re-roofing this pseudo-duplex thingie I live in.  I can't think amidst noise, so I've been sitting on the couch, vegging out with the TV.  Beyond that, every time they fire up their compressor, we get a brown-out in the house - which is why I shut off the computer.  No way am I risking the inner workings of this computer.

That's part of the reason I was so quiet yesterday.  And why I'll be quiet today.  Thank goodness they didn't start this project before I finished my NaNo words.

Have a great weekend, folks.  What are you up to this weekend?  How do you handle distractions while you're working?  

I'll stop by later to approve comments (when the guys take lunch), so comment away.

1 comment:

  1. Ick. We reshingled our house a few months ago, and it was pretty irritating.

    Doing revisions this weekend! I'm actually pretty bad about distractions. I'm okay in dead silence and loud white noise, but if I'm trying to write in a coffee shop and there are one or two tables having clear conversations, it distracts me to no end.

    I also can't listen to music while I write. I blame it on band; I get so caught up in listening to the phrasing and the rhythm of the song that I can't pay attention to what I'm writing. Musicality has handicapped me in that respect.

    But with irregular or just plain loud stuff, I can tune it out. Sort of. But those roofers were INSANELY loud, so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete