Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sunday Update - Week 38

It's Sunday.  I know... I have a flair for stating the obvious.  Here are some other obvious things about the week...

I remember thinking about writing a lot, but I don't remember a lot of writing getting done.  I came up with a new book idea. And an awesome title.  They do not go together. 

The sale wrapped up on Monday.  I talked about it on Wednesday

Did a fair bit of reading last week.  See yesterday's post.

I fell down on the activity thing.  Sunday, Monday and Thursday I walked.  Yesterday I vacuumed.  That was it.  I did get back down to 180lbs, but that was midweek, so who knows what it is now.  It didn't help that my knee had a major pain thing Thursday night... while I was sleeping.  I went to move in my sleep and KERPOW.  Talk about a rude awakening.  I yelped and woke Hubs up, too.  Took most of the rest of the night and the next day to fix itself.  With the help of Aleve and Aspercreme.  Blerg. 

Made a batch of oatmeal cookies.  I meant to make a batch of granola bars, but that hasn't happened yet.  Probably today because unless I miss my guess, Hubs ate the last couple bars last night.  Yeah, he can eat other stuff, but why should he have to when I can whip up a batch lickety-split?

I think we only have two fawns who still have spots now - the tiny twins.  The rest look like mini-does.  And we had two bucks stop in the yard - a yearling and a three or four year old.  The velvet is totally gone from their antlers and the older one is getting a thick neck for the rut.  Ah, the cycle of life.

I took pictures of the bucks.  When I loaded them onto the computer, I realized it was the first time I'd taken pictures since May.  So much for my goal of taking more pictures this year.  Derp.

My sedums are blooming, despite being neglected.  Because of the oak mite invasion this year, my gardens all look horrible, though.  I've been staying out of the yard to avoid bug bites.  Everything needs to be weeded.  Nothing's been watered.  I'm not sure what will survive into next year.  We'll see.

Wow, this has been a slugtastic year.  Nothing published.  Not much written.  Lax gardening.  Little fishing.  I'm already looking forward to 2020 and it's only the end of September like 2019 is a wash.  Better luck next year? 

Okay, that's it for me right now.  What's up with you?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get some photos up! The only deer I see anymore are their hoofprints.

    I just finished 1866. Three more years to go. Thank goodness! I'm tired of formatting, and Word is tired of my oversized file. Every third time I save it says: Word is not responding. But it does, eventually. And the file is only 3/5 as big as it started out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, my life is much like yours. We're gonna get off the hamster wheel.

    ReplyDelete