Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Yesterday's Negatives and Positives.

You ever have one of those mornings where it feels like someone was beating you with a big stick while you slept?  Yeah, it's one of those mornings for me.  And I didn't do anything yesterday that would warrant feeling like I'd been thrashed.

I think maybe it's the sudden drop in temperatures here combined with how totally discombobulated my body is from past thrashings.  It was 87 on Saturday and 66 on Sunday.  Bleh.  That's sure to make me feel like I've been run over by a subcompact. 

Part of it could be that I spent the majority of yesterday hunched over either my keyboard or a book.  Hunched over is not a good way to treat your body.

Oh, I did take a walk yesterday.  Which could be part of it, too, since I'm out of shape after the 7 weeks of not walking. 

On a positive note, I am so happy the temps are finally dropping.  We're still a bit above normal for this time of year, but it's way better than in the upper eighties.  I feel so much better in cooler temperatures - once my body acclimates.  Plus, lower temperatures make for better fishing.

Also, I'm happy to have spent yesterday hunched over my keyboard.  I wasn't writing, but I was working and it feels good to be productive at something - especially when the writing isn't cooperating.  And hunched over a book is always a good place to be. 

Lastly, the walk was gorgeous.  The day was cool.  The trees are starting to turn.  The birds are flitting all over and a breeze was blowing, making neat shadows on the ground.  So we walked farther than I probably should've.  :shrug:  I'd do it again and my damn ankle can just get over it.

See?  Negatives and Positives.  It's all how you look at it.  I'm still achy, but now I'm happier about the reasons. 

What are some negatives and positives for you today?

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the body stuffs. I'd love for someone to walk on my back--right between my shoulder blades because it needs popping. BAD! I love this time of year. AC is off. Heater not yet on. Windows open (except for see below). Hope your day gets more positive. In the meantime, since you asked...

    Negative: There's not enough coffee in the world
    Positive: I finally know where this stupid WIP is headed.
    Negative: The neighbor's cat that hangs out over here and has figured out which window is my office so that he jumps up to say all sorts of stuff, has now clawed the screen, which has a large hole, which will need fixing before I can open the window to enjoy the cooler temps because...bugs. And neighbor's cat, which would come inside but for my cat and two dogs get pissy.
    Positive: The coffee is hot.
    Positive: I'm about to knuckle down and write at least one chapter if not more today.

    ReplyDelete