Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thursday This n That

Due to circumstances, I have been kind of absent - both mentally and digitally - lately.  I hope to clear this all up by next week.

The books I've been reading have made it so I will never look at the Headless Horseman the same way ever again.  And there are images of him everywhere right now.  :shudder:  If you want a spooky, but fun, read for Halloween, snap up the Sleepy Hollow books by Richard Gleaves. 

Someone.... I think it was Silver... asked on their blog yesterday what our fears are.  I had a tough time coming up with something.  I mean, my go-to answer has been 'moths' for years, but as I was sitting there trying to think of what scares me, I realized that my efforts to scrub away the moth fear have been successful.  I mean, I still don't want them on me when I'm unprepared, but I can look at them and touch them without going all 'super ninja warrior dance party'.  I'm not afraid of heights - but I do get vertigo (which sucks).  I'm not afraid of spiders.  I'm not afraid of the dark.  I still cannot have anything over my face when I'm sleeping - so I guess, fear of suffocation?  :shrug:  I'm not fearless by any stretch of the imagination, but I think I'm done with phobias for the most part.

I am not a patient person.  I hate waiting.  For anything.  I was bad before I started writing, but all those years of waiting on queries and submissions almost killed the last of the patience I had.  I want it and I want it now.  I will wait for stuff, if I have to, but I don't have to like it.

The above makes Christmas interesting.  When Hubs asks me what I want for Christmas, the answer is always nothing.  I don't need anything and whatever I want, I get without having to wait for December 25th.  (And if I needed anything, I wouldn't wait for it either.) 

Speaking of Christmas, what the hell?  All the stores I go to already have Christmas crap out - and have for a week or two at least.  The state of MO is already selling Christmas scratch off lottery tickets.  It gets earlier every year.  It's Christmas, people.  DECEMBER.  Or at least wait until after Thanksgiving for petesakes.  Before Halloween?  NO.

I haven't bought any Halloween candy this year and I probably won't.  We never get kids stopping by the house, but I used to buy it for Hubs and I.  This year?  Nah.  We have plenty of goodies in the house without the big bowl of candybars on the dining room table.  Maybe when they have the after-Halloween candy discounts.  I can't resist those sales.  Candycandycandy.

Okay, that's more than enough out of me.  What have you got for me?


2 comments:

  1. "...super ninja warrior dance party..." *FALLS OVER LAUGHING* I am soooo using that in a book!

    I have Stormegeddon today. His at-home daycare family takes two days off for a fall break every year. That's today and tomorrow. His mom is taking tomorrow off to get him a flu shot and then do something cool because...flu shot. :/

    I still have a couple of scenes to finish for the book that releases next week. I'm not stressed. No. Not at all. *FLAIL*

    Target announced they aren't going Christmas until Thanksgiving Day/Black Friday. And in this day of PC everything, is it appropriate to call Black Friday "Black Friday"? The villain in my current WIP is a sorcerer who practices the black arts, black magic, etc. I keep find myself self-editing. Screw it. Black magic is black magic. *climbs off ranty box*

    That's about it for me today, though I must gird my loins to deal with a day of Thomas the Tank Engine (who is getting a PC makeover) and Aquanauts. *shudder* I also need to figure out how to write both a love scene and a big battle scene while the aforementioned shows are playing. Fun times.

    That's all I got. Later tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm afraid of everything. :D It keeps me cautious though so I've accepted it.

    Still in the critical stages with the 'border collie who wants to rule the world', but she's much better.

    She's still on complete rest until that bone fuses though it's getting harder and harder to keep her still.

    I'm just grateful the worst is behind us.

    ReplyDelete