Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Update - Week What?

I have no clue what week that was.  I'm not even sure there was a week, but since it's Sunday again, there must've been one there somewhere. 

It was the first week of Up Wish Creek's public existence.  It's already got a few reviews - all 5-star - and one rating (4-star). 

I spent most of the week in post-publication malaise.  I went fishing on Monday and didn't catch anything.  I went fishing again on Thursday, caught a stringer-full of fat bluegills.  (That's 8 keepers.)  I filleted them all and divided them into two baggies for freezing.  8 fillets is a meal for the two of us.  Yay.

I'm still working on rewriting Fear Itself.  I'm up to 11K words on that.

I began writing the first draft of Djinn 4 - clueless about the title.  Sorry about leaving you all hanging on Up Wish Creek.  I didn't really think of it as a cliffhanger, but I guess it was.  Derp.  Last night, the story blindsided me with a new idea, so we'll see how that plays out.  I worked on that Friday night and last night, and I'm up to 4600 words.

The plan here is to work on writing Djinn 4 concurrently with re-writing Fear Itself.  Fingers crossed this works.  If it gets too weird, the writing will take precedence over the re-writing.

Today, I formatted Up Wish Creek for print and shot an email off to my cover artist.  When she gets back to me with a print cover, I'll go through the rigamarole for making print copies available for purchase.  No ETA on that, since I don't know what her schedule looks like.

What was your week like?


3 comments:

  1. I'm fighting the current project. It hates me. *shrug* I'm determined to whack out a big portion of it today. Luckily, it's two short stories. Okay, they started out as novellas but at this point, they're going to be short stories. I have two other project niggling at my brain. Okay, 3. Two aren't due until next spring. One isn't due at all and is off on a tangent series that keeps bubbling in the back of my brain. I have been doing a lot of reading. LOVED UWC! And yes, it was a cliffhanger. Prometheus got away and Zeke is missing. But that means another book so YAYAYAYAYAYYAAY!

    Weather is cooling off. State fair is here so rain. I need a Starbucks frappucino. And about 10K words. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES IT WAS A CLIFFHANGER! I'm holding on by my toenails! So glad you have a fresh idea for #4.

    I'm rather glad you can't keep track of the weeks, either. They fly by so fast. Sigh.

    My writing day was shot to crumbles. Got an emergency call from Mom this morning - she thought my brother was having a stroke, and she needed someone to stay with my invalid dad while she ferried bro off to the hospital. Good news: it wasn't a stroke. Bad news: his BP is too low and his heart is too slow and they have no idea what is wrong with him. He, however, is enjoying flirting with all the nurses.

    So, no writing got done, I read a boring cozy mystery (I usually love cozies), and came home with a headache. I'll go take an aspirin and try to get my act together. At least I can work on the nonfiction; cleaning up illustrations doesn't take many brain cells. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great day out of Saturday at Hampton Court Palace (well The Green anyway). I attended the Handmade Fair with my sister and really enjoyed myself. Spent too much money, but thankfully it was fully budgeted beforehand. Some of the money went on handmade jewelry. I got a silver ring and a lovely pair of drop earrings in silver and black river pearls. Tasted lots & lots of lovely things including several different gins & some rhubarb liquor which was very nice and a delicious peanut butter brownie. A good day out, if you forget the awful traffic getting home.

    ReplyDelete