Thursday, October 22, 2015

This n That Thursday

According to the newspaper, a bald eagle has been sighted in the area.  I haven't seen one yet.

Yesterday, on the way home from Wallyworld, I saw three red-tailed hawks and a red-shouldered hawk.  Then a wild turkey flew up out of the ditch in front of the car in front of me.  The turkey made it up and across without getting hit.  Yay.  Then I was almost home when I rounded a corner where I'd noticed a dead squirrel earlier.  Sure enough, a black vulture was making a meal.  I rolled up slowly and the vulture took off safely.  Then he circled back around and I almost hit him. He flew over the hood of my car and went back to his brunch.  Silly bird.  No gray squirrel is worth dying for.

We've begun raking leaves.  Should be finished by mid-December - depending on how fast Oberon drops his leaves. 

Oberon is a huge white oak tree that was probably around for the Civil War, maybe for the Revolution.  At some point his center trunk snapped off and so he spread out in other directions.  I'm told this is called a fairy oak - hence the name Oberon.

The hummingbirds are gone for the winter.  I still have to take the feeder down.

I'm tired of marketing.  (As of last night.)  I know I don't have time to be tired of it because when I stop, so do the sales.  I'll be better after some sleep.  I am truly thankful for all the friends who've been such a help - tweeting and retweeting and sharing posts and liking posts.  :hugs:

What's on your this-n-that line up today?


1 comment:

  1. This: Slugging through edits on THE DEVIL'S CUT. Can't believe I sent it out to betas in such rough shape. Ugh. Despite that, I am feeling a bit more optimistic.

    That: I got my French cover from Harlequin for the COWGIRLS DON'T CRY/COWGIRL'S LITTLE SECRET duo. Wish I read French. LOLOL and speaking of, Wild Rose Press has released last years FAERIE FAITH Christmas novella in a 3 book Brides of Christmas anthology--ebook AND print. It'll be available in mid-November.

    This: Today is RITA day. (RWA's big award). I'll be entering both of the Harlequins in the Short Series category and NIGHT SHIFT in the Erotic. I decided to hold DOUBLE CROSS back and enter it in the Daphne's. We'll see next summer at RWA '16/San Diego.

    That: Rains coming. I have to hit errands before the rain hits around noon. With the storms streaming up, the sky this morning was golden. Really weird looking outside.

    Another: Work. Always work. So may stories, so little time. Back to it. As soon as I get another cup of coffee. Oh, and I hear you on the marketing. Hate it. With eye-stabby, fingernail-scraping-on-blackboards hatred. So yeah...gotta do some of that too. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete