Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Update - Week 41

It's that time again, folks!  Sunday Update!

We shall not speak of college football.  I'm still nauseous.

In case you weren't around last week, Dying Embers was on sale 10/14-10/17.  It wasn't as good as if I'd gotten an ENT ad, but sales were certainly better than they have been.  It even hit the top 100 in Serial Killer Suspense, so I got that going for me.

My new artist and I are on the same page, and she's going to play with a few things for me to look at for the new cover of Wish in One Hand.  Please, gods who govern the djinn, let this work this time.

I finished the edit round for BloodFlow and sent it off to my editor.  She'll look it over again and send me another set of notes by the end of the month.  Woohoo.

I'm re-reading Djinn2 - In Deep Wish - and making notes.  Then I'll read SCIU2 - Fertile Ground - and make notes.  THEN I'll make a decision about which one gets published next.  Good news is I'm totally loving In Deep Wish, and I'm about halfway through the re-read.  Other good news is that I wrote this long enough ago that it's surprising me.  (Whoa, totally forgot THAT was gonna happen.)

I spent part of yesterday raking paths through the leaves so Max could go for a walk around the yard.  Silly cat hates walking on fallen leaves.  The afternoon walk after I raked went so much easier.  Of course, satellite photos of the yard right now would look like a leaf maze.

In case you missed it, I did a blog hop on Friday.  It was fun.  I posted a snippet of BloodFlow and a recipe for Hubs' favorite cake.

Oh, while raking leaves I found a tiny snake curled up under a pile on the stone walkway.  It didn't appear to be venomous, and it was very lethargic from the cold, so I used a stick to scoop it onto a shovel and then set it free in the vacant lot next door.

What's on the Update for you today?

Edited to add: The tiny snake was a baby Texas brown snake. Totally harmless. (I could tell it was harmless by the shape of its widdle head. The whole snake was maybe 6" long and no bigger around that a fat nightcrawler.)

Egads, I totally forgot to mention that I'm doing a Kindle Countdown Deal for Accidental Death this week.  99c Thursday thru Saturday again.  Pass it along.  

2 comments:

  1. Sunday? How did that happen?....
    Oh. Yeah. Earth, sun, rotation. Derp.
    I finished THE DEVIL'S CUT at 11:00 p.m. Friday night so I made my deadline. Then I promptly put it away. We did the grandparent thing Saturday morning--Baseball Boy's 14U team played their first tournament so we went to see Stormageddon and cheer the big boys on. They lost their three games (including the one this morning that we went to see), but this is a new team. There was some good stuff there to build on. Then I had local RWA chapter meeting. Came home after, stretched out. Watched baseball. Read. As mentioned, this morning was more baseball. I'm giving myself another 20 minutes for blog catch up and then I'm going into edit mode so TDC can go out to CP/betas later today.

    And a nap. REALLY need a nap....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid rotation. Then again, without it, no gravity. (Or at least that's my theory.)

      Yay for making your deadline! Yay for baseball tots! Hope you got TDC out to your crew and got the nap you needed. :hugs:

      Delete