Friday, September 11, 2009

Weekly Update

Well, hello. I haven't had much to update for some time now, but I'm trying to change that. So, here's my week in a nutshell...

If you read yesterday's post, you know I've taken to the notebook method, so I can't really say too much about word count. I did get the first chapter typed into the computer and it's sitting at 1900+ words. Chapter two is still on paper, though. I've got about 7-8 written pages, and I realized the end of the chapter is a perfect place to insert a scene I wrote in the previous incarnation of this book. The book may have changed drastically, but the MC's backstory is pretty much the same. Once I figured that out, I started Chapter three and I'm a few pages in on that. Yay.

Additionally, last night I had not one but two epiphanies about this story. The first was in the middle of the Steelers game, so I picked up the notebook, wrote the idea down, and threw some dark red lines around it (because above and below it is actual story). The second hit me while I was trying to fall asleep. It ran laps around my brain until I finally dragged myself out of bed to write that one down, too. Both are awesome ideas, and will make the story so much richer. Ahhh, just what it needed. =o)

In other news, Daughter started her Junior year of high school, and so far, so good. She really does amaze me. I'm so proud of her. I can't believe how much she's matured even over the summer. She's an awesome person now, but she's going to make one hell of an adult.

So, that's my world this week. How's yours? Had an epiphanies lately?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for epiphanies!! I'm glad things are looking up for you and your story!!

    My week has been exceptionally busy. I'm hoping it slows down by next weekend (once I'm back in the swing)!

    Sadly there have been no bright lights above my head recently. I'm hoping to finish my homework today (ugh) and then have the rest of the day and weekend to write (and sleep). We'll see how that goes. Though, I will have to try and take it slow, don't want to burn out by the second day of class =\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Aren't those times where the great ideas just hit like a mack truck the very best?! Have fun over the weekend turning them over in your head.

    ReplyDelete