Friday, July 27, 2012

Quotes from my Childhood

You'd think with all my brain issues, I wouldn't have so many things jammed up in my head.  I know a lot of things got knocked out, but some things are in there forever.  Let's see if you can figure out the shows these all came from*:

"And now here's something we hope you'll really like."

"When Polly's in trouble, I am not slow.  It's hip-hip-hip and away I go."

"Jinkies."

"Nothin' up my sleeve... Presto!"

"Rut-roh."

"Hey, Ab-bott!"

"Savoir Faire is everywhere."

"Exit stage left."

"Oh Poncho." "Oh Cisco"

"Wonder-twin powers, ACTIVATE!"

"I've got beaver-fever."**


*Some of them are from before my time, but we watched a lot of stuff on Saturday mornings.

** Okay, that last one wasn't from my childhood - unless you count being childish in college.

4 comments:

  1. That could have been a list gleened off my diet of TV viewing as a child. Just add "You have now entered the Twilight Zone.", "Just some good old boys, didnt mean no harm...","...a 3 hour tour", "Believe it or not I'm walking on air.", "And knowing is half the battle" and "Nanu. Nanu."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch a ton of TV, but the underdog quote had me continuing on as the narrator told us the story. :) My dad got my five-year-old daughter hooked on the reruns, too, so I often hear her say that line while her 2-year-old sister responds with: "Oh, where oh where can my underdog beeeee?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were a few I left off, because the gave the title in the quote, like 'Captain CAVE-MAAAN!' OMG, I totally forgot about The Greatest American Hero. And Dukes of Hazzard. And Mork. And Gilligan's Island, of course. I watched way too much TV as a child. LOL I can't remember where 'And knowing is half the battle' comes from, though.

    ReplyDelete