Saturday, October 8, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 10/8/22

 Hello again.  Not the most interesting post this week.  But here goes...

I bought four new hardcopy books last Saturday, but I talked about those in last week's late edition of the wrap-up.  I also bought one new ebook - a paranormal romantic suspense.  

Books Read:

Umm... I got nothin'.  

DNFs:

10/1/22 - fantasy - 50c.  I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality of the writing in this thing that so many others have loved.  These days, I have so little time to read I didn't want to waste it on something that was making me mentally edit it as I read it.  I tried to lose myself in the story, really I did, but I couldn't.  =o\

Currently reading...  I've been reading that compilation of Robert Heinlein's letters this week and I'm about 2/3rds of the way through, so I will have something next week.  I'm finding it really interesting.

What was on your reading wrap-up for the week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm at 127 books on the year, 13 ahead of schedule. I got 4 books in this week, all still part of my marathon Jayne Castle Ghost Hunters/Harmony series relisten. All are SciFi/ParaRomSuspsense. I'm currently on the last book. Next up is the new release. Yay.

    127 - llusion Town (Ghost Hunter #13) - 5 stars - Harmony equivalent of Vegas. Big tie-in to life back on earth and the previous series dealing with the Arcane Society. Don't need to read all of them to enjoy this one. It's fun because H/H both get "psi-burned" and have amnesia. Knowing it was going to happen, they leave clues--including getting married by an Elvis impersonater at a cheap wedding chapel. Fun times.

    126 - Siren's Call (Rainshadow, #4; Harmony, #12) - 4 stars - dinosaurs, derring do, and lots of crazy psychic talent.

    125 - The Hot Zone (Rainshadow, #3; Harmony, #11) - 5 stars - Halloween on Rain Shadow. New guild boss. Pirates. And the heroine saves the day. With help from the dust bunnies and the hero.

    124 - Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #3; Harmony, #10) - 5 stars. Crazy stuff going down on Rain Shadow. Drake Sebastian, one of the family in charge of the island's spooky side, scoops up help in the form of the lovely Alice North, a light talent who can "bend" light and go invisible. Her former rich mother-in-law is convinced Alice killed her husband. Say it ain't so! The woman has stalked Alice, making her go into hiding, and has stripped her of everything but her faithful sidekick, Houdini the dust bunny. It's a fun one.

    Currently about 1/3 the way through GUILD BOSS. Next up is the new release SWEETWATER AND THE WITCH.

    ReplyDelete