Thursday, August 6, 2020

Thursday This n That

August the 6th.  So far, it's been six days in a row of writing and activity.  Good start there.  Now to keep this up.  Yesterday, after spending the better part of the day crouched down over some spreadsheets, I so did not want to do anything, but I made myself sit down and write.  Then when my hands got crampy, I made myself go for a walk.  I will do this.  See?  I have a thing over on the right now to show my progress.  Yay.

On the docket for today?  Zucchini bread again.  Some other neighbors are supposed to be bringing us tomatoes and peppers, and I'd like to have a loaf ready for them when they stop by.  I can't have a garden - not with all the deer - so it's nice when neighbors bring us fresh produce.  And I like to pay them back by presenting them with baked goods.  Or maybe I'll make them oatmeal cookies and save the bread for the neighbor who brings us zucchinis.  Hmm.  I still have to make the bread because the zucchini is already defrosted, but...  Hmm.  I have to think on that.

I cut my hair again finally.  It doesn't look bad.  A little longer on the left than the right this time, but my head tilts to the right so it's not noticeable to anyone but me.

I have a note on my desk that says 'SSA waiting outside' (the next scene in CU), which keeps giving me pause this morning because even though I know SSA means Society for Sorceral Activity, my brain keeps defaulting to Social Security Administration.  And I can't figure out why they'd be waiting outside.  Derp.

One thing about having a new computer is that I keep having to add words to the dictionary I'd already added to the old computer's dictionary.  There's probably a dictionary file somewhere on the old girl I could transfer to this one, but I'm lazy. 

The fawns are accepting Hubs as part of the landscape now.  When he went to feed this morning, a mom and her twins were munching on the lawn and they didn't even run away.  In fact, one of the fawns approached him to see what he was doing.  And then it thought better of it and backed off.  Still, it's a pretty nice feeling for Hubs.  Me?  They at least don't run when I walk out of the house, as long as I don't walk toward them.

Okay, that's it for me today.  What's on your radar?



1 comment:

  1. Yay for words, walks, zucchini, and fawns!

    I finally caught a glimpse of a hummingbird at the feeder. I don't know if I just haven't seen any or if they're just now getting around to me.

    There are two feral kittens. One is soft gray with light black striping on its tail. The other is a mottled gray/brown. Both cute. Both would have a home if they'd let me catch them. Ah well. No names yet, though I'm leaning toward Smudge (gray) and Smog, which isn't a very sweet name. Only seen both of them together once so it can wait. I might never see them again.

    I was going great guns on new words and then faltered yesterday. Not sure why. Okay, I am, but it's mostly an excuse. I'm working really hard to stay positive and ignore the BS going on. Then LG walked in yesterday morning and announced a news story that made my brain explode. I couldn't find my train of thought until late afternoon. I hate to ask him to not talk about that shit until dinner time, after I've quit work for the day but I may have to.

    I never did get my CARES money and no one seems to be able to figure out why. I'm about ready to put my senator's staff on it. I'm really irked because I jumped through all their stupid hoops because I was one of those that sort of fell between the cracks anyway. Have I mentioned I hate bureaucracy?

    Temps are starting to warm up though there was still some cool to the breeze blowing from the south this morning, AND we've had rain. We're average 9 degress cooler than normal plus above average on the rainfall. It's August. I'll take both!

    A highly hyped book just dropped into my library app. I'll start it tonight after I finish the book I'm currently listening to. I'm crossing fingers it lives up to the hype. I'll no more by Saturday's reading round-up.

    Not much else going on in my world. My favorite Card tested positive and no word if they'll be able to start playing tomorrow. All the other sports have pissed me off so I'm pretty much done with it.

    Did I mention the hummingbird and kittens? Yeah, those are bright spots and I need to end on a smile instead of a growl. This week is almost done. Time to go be produtive!

    ReplyDelete