Saturday, August 8, 2020

Sartuday Reading Wrap-up - 8/8/20

Hello and welcome to the first week of August's reading wrap-up.  It was a better week than most of July, but still not burning up the pages.

This week, I did get a couple new ebooks.  Yay.  One was a supernatural thriller and the other an urban fantasy.  I still have an urban fantasy and a mystery left from the beginning of July to read, so those will go first.

Books read:

57) Miss Marple: The Complete Short Stories by Agatha Christie (8/7/20) - Mystery - 5 stars.  Natch.  I've had this hardcover compilation for years but never sat down to read it.  Rectified that.  Yay.
Review: "I always love reading Agatha Christie. And this compilation only had a few stories I'd read before, so it was even better."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... Nothing at the moment.  I finished the Christie and then it was dinner, writing, and walking.  Then some poker to chill out before bed.  I'll start something today.

What have you been reading this past week?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found something enjoyable to read! I'm at 124 for the year, only 4 books ahead of schedule now. I got through some old favorites and one new highly-hyped.

    Listened to 3 In Death books. All 4-5 stars, reread, fav author/series, etc. I'm back into the series, just starting Divided in Death (#18).

    The highly-hyped book I had hopes for was...underwhelming. It hit my library app. The premise sounds amazing--Orphan Black meets the Avengers: Mercenary librarians hook up with super soldiers. What's not to love? Except it was predictable and I never did connect with the characters. I had to force myself through it so I could return it to the library for the next listener in line. It was okay. Not bad. Just not compelling enough for me at the moment. Ah well. Others mileage may (and does) vary.

    And that was my week of reading. Still have two hanging out there on the hold list: a paranormal shifter, first book in a crossover series by a writer I mostly enjoy, and an urban fantasy with this as the first line of the blurb: A former soldier turned PI tries to help the fantasy creatures whose lives he ruined in a world that's lost its magic. Reviews are mixed, hence my doing the free library thing.

    Long range, there's a new book coming in a series I enjoy in about 12 days. I'll be relistening to the books preceeding it starting in a few days. I'll have to time it so my library drops don't interfere. LOL

    Happy reading and writing this weekend!

    ReplyDelete