Sunday, August 2, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 30

Well, July is officially in the can and good riddance to it.  Yuck, what a month.  Hello, August!  You'd better be better than your predecessor, lemme tell ya. 

On a distinctly positive note, yesterday I started what I'm calling AugNoWriMo, wherein I will attempt to write every day.  (Technically, I started Friday night by laying down over 1300 words and then threw down almost 1500 last night.)  By the end of this, Cinder Ugly will be done, and maybe another book will be worked on.  We'll see.  The point here is to write every day - however much I can, but hoping to get at least 1000 words out a day.  Feel free to join in if you're so inclined.  No pressure.

I'm also going to get off my dead ass and keep this damn house cleaner than I did in July.  Oh, it's not a pigsty or anything.  I was still tidying.  But things like dusting and vacuuming and scrubbing got left behind.  To that end, I vacuumed on Friday and dusted on Saturday.  Go me.

Reading, unfortunately, got left behind as well last month.  I'm still ahead on my yearly goal by 16 books, but I'm going to try to read more in August.  Which also means I need to spend some time going through the book newsletters and finding new books to read.

Umm, exercise?  Well, as with everything else, I was a toad.  Only 7 days where I was active out of the whole damn month.  On the upside, I lost over a pound somewhere.  Weight 177.0.  Now that the weather has slackened off on the heat a little, I need to start walking every day again. 

No baking this past week.  No fishing either.  Bleh.

Okay, so there's a lot of 'need tos' up there and still only the same 24 hours a day in which to get it all done.  Not a problem, really, just an adjustment to my TV viewing and my poker playing.  Less of both, I'd say.  Although, in the poker, I'm up to 1.6 million in play money now.  None of it purchased. (You can pay real money to buy play money, which I refuse to do.)

So, what's been up with you lately?  How was your July?  Got any goals for August?  


2 comments:

  1. Yay on the new words and AuGoWriMo. I'll need to hustle to catch up but yeah, I'm in. 🐱‍💻

    July was a month. It's over. Moving on.

    August is new. Hopefully, has possibilities. 🤞

    I don't even want to contemplate the weight I've regained. Stupid peanut clusters.😣

    Jake is getting to go out more. He's been back to Wallyworld with me. Also to the pancake breakfast yesterday. I feel better having him with me. Maybe *I* need him more than LG. 😏

    Not much else in my world. I need to stop the stupid number game I play endlessly. I'd have more time. Not the gumption, but the time. Working on that.

    Here's to a productive week! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP July. You will not be missed.

    Yay for AugNoWriMo and new words! Your mojo is back!

    This week I worked on... something. Not sure what. A few words, a few illustrations, nothing to brag about. Gotta go catch up with *my* mojo!

    ReplyDelete