Sunday, February 2, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 5

It's Groundhog Day.  Woohoo!  Okay, not really.  It's a day for us because of some personal stuff, but it's not really a big deal otherwise.  The rodent doesn't really do anything for me. 

Anyway, here's the skinny on my week...

No writing was accomplished.  No editing either.  Not the best end to a month when that started out gangbusters.  I hope to get back on track this month. 

In marketing stuffs, the Project Hermes sale ended.  I had one person on FB tell me they got the book, but I never saw a sale and the rankings never changed, so not sure what was up with that.  I did get a new ranking on Goodreads - 4 stars - so maybe the sale went through a pirate site :sadface:.  I also had Blink of an I set for free Wednesday thru Friday.  That went well enough that it got me into the top 100 rankings in Post Apocalyptic and in Dystopian, so I extended the freebie through today and its rankings continue to rise.  I hoping it will sit high enough to get noticed by the Kindle Unlimited crowd and I'll see some page reads.  Then yesterday, Sleeping Ugly went on sale.  I haven't seen anything from that yet.

I read some stuff, but it wasn't a banner week in reading.  One old favorite and one new awesome UF, with a couple DNFs and a couple days where I didn't read at all. 

Yesterday, I got a wild hair and went recipe hunting.  I found a recipe for something called Spiced Applesauce Bread.  Way too many spices, but the base recipe was sound, so I tweaked it to suit my tastes.  It turned out really yummy and it was super easy to make.  Recipe below.

On the activity front, I wasn't really active.  I managed the first two days of the week and then the last two days, but the three in the middle was mostly me sitting on my butt.  The upside to the week was I'm now at 180.4 lbs.  Down 2.2 from the beginning of the year.  If I lose 2 pounds a month this year, I'll be sitting pretty by the end.  Umm, not expecting that to happen, but it could.  Anyway, I did get back to walking the loop again.  Ugh, I let myself get out of shape enough that it was hard taking that hill.  Woof.

Other than that, nothing much going on here at Sanderson Acres.  What's up in your world?

Recipe:

Cinnamon Applesauce Bread

1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
1 ¼ cups applesauce
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350F.  Use cooking spray to lightly coat 9x5” loaf pan.  In a large bowl, blend together sugar, oil, eggs, milk, and applesauce until well combined.  In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.  Add dry mixture by thirds to wet mixture, each time stirring until smooth.  Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.  Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that recipe does sound yummy. My week was pretty boring but it seems like I was busy. I'll do my usual Monday regurgitate here in a bit and get it set up.

    The weather is nuts.

    Jake had a busy Saturday. I may take him for a walk today since it's like...summer!

    I took a fall yesterday. Arms are sore but I amazed myself. I was able to roll over, get on my knees and push to my feet without assistance. Yay for my team.

    Did I mention the weather? We're looking at a high of 77 today. Totally nuts!

    And that's about it. Trying to get organized for the week. That's easier said than done.

    Have a great one1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting into the top 100! Congratulations! I hope you soar higher.

    I've started Mom's taxes. She thinks all her paper are in, but I bet more will arrive. I know I'm missing some of mine.

    The same rate of progress on the new book. I keep finding stuff I need to do -- like fall asleep during my writing time. Oops, I'm up late again now. No wonder I snooze during the day.

    Wishing you a satisfying week!

    ReplyDelete