Thursday, September 27, 2018

Thursday This n That

Hello again.  I totally forget to schedule this post, so you're getting me at just after 6am.  Weeeee.

And I'm on my new keyboard.  It arrived yesterday.  So far, so good.  But I haven't tried writing on it yet.  :fingers crossed:  I take that back.  I wrote about 100 words last night and then I got stuck.  It totally wasn't the keyboard's fault.

My new crockpot arrived, too.  And it's smaller.  I guess I was wrong assuming my old crockpot was a 4 quart.  Oops.  Oh well, I guess I'll be making smaller vats of food than I used to.  It's not like I need to make that much food for just the two of us.

If you're not on FB, you missed the saga of the new stick vacuum.  If you are on FB and already saw this, you can skip this part.  I bought a new stick vac at Wallyworld.  Got it home and Hubs started to put it together for me.  (Not cuz I couldn't, but because he's Hubs.)  He was almost done when I walked by and looked at it.  Something looked weird.  Sure enough, the filter was filthy.  With someone else's gunk and hair.  Totally grossed me out.  I took it back yesterday and exchanged it - checking the new one to make sure it was, in fact, new. 

Yeah, lots of new stuff.  Not that I'm made of money or anything, but when the crockpot cracked, I figured I could add a keyboard to the order (and get free shipping), cuz that other one has been annoying the shit out of me for months.  And now the keys were rubbing off.  Then I tried using my stick vac, but it was so old, the wheels were jammed and it was making lines on my hard floor.  So, I squeezed a bit out of the budget and bought that, too.  All three together cost me about $50. 

While I was down at Wallyworld for the second time in two days, I took the opportunity to swing by St. Vinny's.  I dropped off two boxes of books and came out with seven more books.  Heh.  If you're not familiar with St. Vinny's, it's St. Vincent de Paul thrift store.  I used to frequent one when I was in college, and now I've found one not too far from where I do my shopping.  It's awesome.  They have tons of cool stuff, but I always gravitate right to the books.  Natch.

Okay, I'm done for today.  What's on your this n that for today?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new things. May they all work out. ICKICKICK on the filter thing. *shudder*

    BILLIONAIRE COUNTRY is done. And accepted. So...yay. I don't hate it quite so much but it's still not the book I wanted to write. Ah well. I have one cut scene that I'll get to share at some point when it comes to "marketing." What little I do of that.

    I'm hiding from the TV/News today. For reasons. Not enough duct tape in the world. Just sayin'...

    It's FALL!!!! AC off, had to close windows last night because interior temp dropped to 65. Yayayay! I'm hoping even with warm temps that the humidity doesn't come back so I can keep the AC off. I <3 Fall, y'all.

    Did I mention I had to get a new phone? That was some time ago. Upgraded to an iPhone 8. Still not the fanciest in the bunch. It didn't have an earphone plug and I figured I'd have to order bluetooth earphones. I was surprised when I discovered there was an adapter. Problem is, the adapter fits into the power cord slot. That means I spend battery listening to my books. Dear Apple, not a good idea! Ah well. When no ones around, I just listen to my audio books out loud.

    Trying to decide what to work on next. I have 4 books that need to get written between now and then. One, I don't want to work on but it's the most pressing.

    I have to get groceries today. The good news is, there's a little left over this month so I can buy brand name.

    Hrmm....that seems to be it for me. Work. Groceries. Work. Fun times.

    Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete